Lunchtime

You can't even look. Seeing someone eat on their own is too much for you, and especially when it's the new boy, and he does seen pretty nice,

"Hey," you say, gently.

"Hi, Y/N," he looks up and you see tears in his tears.

"Luke?! What's wrong?!" He lowers his head and you see tears drop from his eyes and onto the bench. You stand up and walk round the other way, and he stands up too. "Come with me, please?" you say.

"Ok," he mumbles and there are still tears dripping from his tearducts onto his cheeks.

You get some funny looks as you walk out of the canteen but you can't care. As you finally get out of the canteen you turn to him,

"Luke, please, what's wrong?" He doesn't say anything and just looks down. Finally, he looks up and you hug. He's crying into your shoulder as you tell him everything's going to be OK. Finally, you both pull away and he wipes the tears away from his eyes. "You ok now?"

"I don't know. I just don't know." He whispers, and you hug again. He smells like what you imagine boys to smell like and as you bury your face into his collarbone you realise you enjoy hugging him. He starts sobbing again, so you pull away and ask,

"Luke, please."

"It's just that everyone's so mean, and you're being so nice. Why does no one like me?"

"I honestly don't know, I really don't, it's not fair, is it?" He just looks at the ground.

"I have to go to lessons now," He murmurs even though there's still 10 minutes of lunch break left. You don't say anything though cause you understand. "Thanks for the hug, Y/N, it was nice." He turns away and walks but not with confidence, with his head tilted to the floor and his stride not very big. "Maybe I do like him after all?" You think but it's too late to think about it anymore as it actually is the end of lunch. You turn away in the opposite direction from him and walk to your dreary biology lesson.