How The Good Girl Changed The Bad Box Chpt. 3

No words to be said(:

-

Dakota's POV(:-

As we passed the Welcome To Vegas sign, my heart began beating frantically. It was boiling hot, even if it was only Feburary. Shouldn't it be, oh I don't know, snowing? 'Cause in Ohio, right now, we'd be stuck with a hundred layers of blankets and three feet deep snow.

Tourist with crazy shirts and clothing were walking along the sidewalks, some even crossed in front of cars, and in return, the drivers flipped them off.

Man, agressive city, much? I silently chuckled to myself and began looking around more. There were so many hotels here; Bellagio, Ballys, Flamingo, and many, many more. They're bright lights shone out as we drove under them. My mom stopped the car at a stop light and I turned my head to the left; Bellagio was having a water fountain show! I'd heard so much about them, but I'd never seen it in person. My eyes were glued as the water went high up into the air and came crashing back down, drenching some unlucky bystanders.

This place was amazingly beautiful. I couldn't wrap my head around it. Through the entire drive, my eyes were silently studying all the people. There were ladies dressed in whore outfits, guys in Hawiian shirts with green or kacki pants, children in extremly short clothes because of the heat, and a lot of people were wearing hats and sunglasses.

Sighing, I looked down at my sweats that were now sticking uncomfortably to my legs.

"Mom, are we almost there yet?" I asked her as the hotels started becoming smaller and smaller in my point of vision.

"Half an hour, hour at the most sweetheart. We'll get there before 3. I promise." She said as she turned the radio on, blasting a station that I think was called 96.5, but I wasn't really paying attention. The warm sun was making me drowsy, and within seconds, I was asleep.

-

"Dakota, wake up. Come on sweety, wake up." My mother cooed as she shook me awake. I blinked and we were parked outside our new home.

Our house was the last house in the line, next to some yellow poles that led to an open street. A house was in front of ours and another house was to our right. I studied my new home a bit more; The pale colors of the outside wall, dark brown roof that looked like it had tons of sun damage, and the white screen door that protected the entrance; I couldn't ask for a better home.

I hopped out of the car and without warning, I threw my entire body around my mum's and I hugged her.

"I love it Mum. I'm so excited!" I squeled with happiness.

"That's good. Hey, sweetheart, look over there. Some of the neighbors are outside." My mum said as she waved to a group of people sitting in the driveway of the front house. "Do you want to go introduce yourself while I bring the stuff in the van inside?"

"What about the stuff in the truck?" I asked because, in all honesty, I was very nervous to go introduce myself to strangers.

"You can help later, just go say hi for the both of us." My mum gave me a little shove and I began slowly walking to the group of people.

"Hello there, little lady." A man with a balding head and tan skin said to me.

"Hello, sir. Uhm, my Mum and I just moved in over there." I pointed to our new house. "And she wanted me to.. Introduce myself."

"Well, I'm Scott. This is my wife, Nayley." He pointed to a lady with very rich black hair that was curled in towards her ear.

"Hi, Ms. Nayley." I softly said. She smiled and began speaking.