Chapter Eight

We left the hospital shortly. Pareho kami ni Atticus na walang makaimik hanggang sa makarating kami sa parking lot.

When I entered the shotgun seat of his car, he tossed a white folder on my lap. Nilingon ko siya.

"Anong gagawin ko rito?" pagtataka ko.

His forehead creased. "Kainin mo kung gutom ka."

Inirapan ko na lang siya at tsaka ko binuksan ang folder. I swallowed hard when I realized that it was all the data about Stellar Lumina's rape and murder case.

My case, to be exact.

He revved the engine of his car to life.

"It contains every detail of your case. Sandro had to pull some strings just to get that." Atticus placidly explained, looking at me in the corner of his eye. "If you don't want to read it, you don't have to. Ako na lang ang bahala."

I shook my head. "It's fine."

"Well, if you say so." he nonchalantly remarked.

After that incident in the hospital, Atticus wanted a breath of fresh air. "We need to take a break," he quoted.

I found myself indulging his offer since I was tired, too. I think I deserve a break from everything.

"Where are we going?"

He burst into laughter, making me raise a brow. Ano kayang nakakatawa? "For pete's sake, you sounded like Dora the Explorer a while ago, love."

I frowned. Ang ayos-ayos ng tanong ko, pero pinagtatawanan lang ako. I couldn't help but stare at him when he continued his. He looked so happy. The way he called me love with his eyes twinkling... It was kind of irritating.

"Love, don't stare."

I smiled. "Please don't forget that you're talking to a different person here. My name is Stellar, Atticus."

He was stupefied in an instant.

I did ruin the moment, but I don't care. So much for giving ourselves a break but I'm killing his joy. But, what could I possibly do? I'm just knocking some sense to him... that I'm not Gaia Venice and his love's into God-knows-where.

Umiwas siya ng tingin. "You cried, right?"

"Hmm?" Napatingin ako sa kanya.

"When you saw him in the news."

"Oh."

He must be referring to Conan Solaire. The first time I watched the news and saw him on the television, I shed tears for some unknown reason. Perhaps I felt bad.

"May I ask why?"

"I don't know." I lowered my gaze. "I just felt it, like I owed him something and I was indebted to him."

"Haven't you retrieved your memories yet, Stellar?"

I pursed my lips. "Not yet."

At this point, I'm not even sure if I want my memories back. Hindi ko alam kung kakayanin ko bang maalala ang lahat. Sinong walang habas na pumatay sa akin? Bakit? Every time I think of those questions, I can't help but fear.

Parang hindi ko pa kayang malaman.

After an hour of suffering the traffic, we arrived in a well-known restaurant. Napadasal naman ako bigla nang mapansin kong mabait si Atticus sa akin ngayon. He's suspiciously acting like a gentleman today!

"I can walk by myself." mariin kong sabi nang alalayan niya ako sa paglalakad. Mukhang tanga kaya!

He clicked his tongue. "Just let me do this, Stellar. One thing that I've noticed about you is that you're so clumsy. Baka magasgasan si love."