Take 2

Popular and/or unpopular squad:

"Hi, friends!" Mary said aloud in a high pitched voice.

John looked around to ensure no one was around.

"Mary, we're not really friends are we?" John asked trying to soften the harsh words by patting her shoulder

"No. Why?" Mary asked nonchalantly

"We're really just seen together because you want to risk your life and probably end up in a hospital. Because I wouldn't want to be seen with you when you either yell or speak in that voice," John replied

Mary nodded as if she was not listening.

"Hey,"she said in a slightly distant tone, "look at that kid,"she said pointing to a girl by her locker.

"Miranda?" James said staring in her direction,"What about her?"

"Well,"Mary started, "she is your typical nerd, right?"

"Why, so?"John asked.

"I mean come on look at her,"Mary said

Miranda was a girl of medium height and blond hair. She wore a pair of thin rimmed square shaped glasses. She had braces and was famous for her straight A's. She got massive hate after blatantly refusing to do the cheer leading squad's homework.

"What about her?"James asked.

"Her life's been terrible since that day,"Mary replied.

"I think her story is sad and all, but.... Wait, you want us to help her, don't you?"John replied quite insensitively.

"Nah, but that will be used for future reference,"Mary said smiling at John, "for now we'll just sit with people on the popular or unpopular kids for a day."

"What?!"John exclaimed, "I can't do that! I promised myself not to get into anything that'll make me conspicuous."

"But,"Mary shot back, "you're already conspicuous."

"How?"John asked with a puzzled face

She turned to James,"Should I tell him?"

"Nah,"James replied waving the question away with his hand

"Tell me what? I wanna know!"John demanded

"Nothing, nothing at all,"Mary said dismissing him, "back to what I was saying, please send your desk mates to me to prove yourselves. Move out!"

"Stop right there,"James ordered Mary putting his hand in front of her, "who will send your desk mate to?"

"Umm......."she stuttered,"you."

"Okay! Let's go!"James said

"Hey,"Mary whined, "that's my line."

"We're not in some movie or book. It's the real world so no lines were stolen,"James shot back

Mary glared at him then walked away. John had already left.

Mary looked for Miranda but she realized that would be too predictable, so she decided to sit next to the leader of the cheer leading squad during Chemistry.

*****

John was seriously undecided. He would have sat next to the most popular kid in school but he was in the basketball team and he still had unresolved issues with them.

He decided to worry about the mission later and sat in the remaining empty sit and next to him, sat Miranda.

*****