Mommy?

Flashbacks are third person.

"Rose? Where are you baby?" Noah continued to search for her five year old.
"In here, Mama!" Amber called. "I found her.
Noah sped into the room, dropping on her knees beside Rose immediately. "Rosie? Hey, Ro, answer me." She shook the little girl lightly. "Hey, hey, wake up, baby." Noah checked for a pulse, finding a very faint one.
"Amber, go get Mommy's phone and call a bus, okay?" Noah instructed.
The other little blonde nodded and scurried away.
Noah sighed, feeling tears prick behind her eyes. "Please, Rosie, you got to wake up now." She begged her daughter.
That when she noticed the white powder on Rose's cheek. "Oh, God, no, please no." She cried out, sweeping the area for what she hoped she wouldn't find.
But there it was in close proximity to her child. Had she really left it out this morning?
"I called an ambulance." Amber came back into the room. "Mommy, are you crying."
Noah cradled Rose in her arms, trying hard to so break down in front of Amber. "I'm okay, AJ, would you go wait for the ambulance please?"
Amber left and Noah broke.
Her five year old daughter, her first born, was unconscious and almost half a small bag of coke was missing.
"Why, God? Why my baby?" Noah sobbed, trying for a pulse again and praying the EMTs would hurry.
They arrived, and rushed Rose to the hospital, where she was treated and fully recovered two weeks later.

****

Straightening my shirt, I glace at my reflection.
Pale skin, long blonde and purple hair, ripped jeans, and a faded shirt from some old horror movie.
I look like her. I see it more now than I used too.
My mother who killed herself at twenty-one, eaten with guilt over a accident that happened to me, and left for anyone to find. But not just anyone found her, I did.
I found her lying on her bed as if she were asleep.....

"You excited?" Papa asked as they entered the apartment building.
"Yeah." The little blonde nodded.
Excited wasn't the word for it; the five-year-old was ecstatic.
This day imparticular, they were going to see her mother, for the first time since Rose had gotten out of the hospital two weeks ago.
Papa had agreed to take her and supervise the visit so she could see Noah.
She ran straight to her mom's room the minute they got inside.
"Mama!" Rose squealed, seeing Noah lying on the bed asleep.
She climbed onto the bed. "Wakey, wakey," Rose pushed her gently. "Mommy?"
Rose looked down to find the edge of her white and blue dress soaked in a red colour.
"Papa?" She called unsurely, touching the mess.
the red substance was sticky and not pleasant feeling, but there was a lot of it. The blood covered the comforter quite a bit.
"What is it, Ro?" Papa questioned, walking over.
Rose looked up at him sadly, holding up the hand stained with blood.
Rafe gasped, his eyes widening, as he quickly snitched his granddaughter off the bed.

I shutter at the memory and force it away. I, of course, wasn't aware Mom was dead until Grandma told me and Amber later that night.
Scarlett was too little to even remember her or father.
We moved shortly after to live with Grandma in America, and have stayed ever since.

"Hey, Rosie, you lost in space, over there?" A voice asks laughing

My head snaps to the door where the voice came from.My edgy, twenty-year-old blonde aunt stands in the doorway.
"Guess so, Aunt Ellis." I laugh as well, giving her a hug
Ellis pulls me close, kissing my head. "How is my favorite niece?" She asks. "I see you found some of my old clothing."
"I wondered who's these were. I found them in my closet." I said with a smile.
Aunt Ellis is my favorite out of Mom's siblings.
"So what did you need?"
I called Ellis around ten minutes ago because I trust her more than the other options; plus I need a car.
"I have to go down to the police department and give a statement, but no one can know." I answer. "It's kinda a secret mission."
Ellis leads me to her car. "In other words, you're going to tell DI Travis that Johnny was really with you at the party." She states, climbing in the driver's side.
Slipping in after her, I nod. "Exactly." I sigh.

Just some background story - Iz