Song - Let Her Go

Elsa had left Jack's life. 

Their romance had been short because he'd always known he'd have to let her go at some point.

He'd met her while she was at the hospital. 

Flashback

"Hello"

Jack had just gone to see Rapunzel's new child and bumped into the famous Elsa Summers. 

"Hi" he'd said back to her. She'd been really formal at first. But he couldn't help thinking that she looked beautiful. 

"Jack, Elsa's my cousin, you knew that right?" Rapunzel said hesitantly. 

"Course I knew that. She's the pretty Ice Queen right, champion ice skater?"

"Actually, I've had to quit skating" Elsa cut in. 

The room went quiet as Rapunzel bit her lip. 

Jack had known something was up right then and there. 

Over the next few days, he'd gotten to know Elsa more. She loved Rapunzel's daughter Arabella and showered her with love.

She was the fun single aunt. Then one day she'd asked him to help her make little paper snowflakes to cover Arabella's room. 

They'd laughed and talked before she made a little paper aeroplane and threw it at him. 

He'd caught and thrown it back to her. 

"You were meant to open it"

"What?" Jack said in confusion.

That's when she giggled a little before smiling at him. 

He opened the tiny aeroplane. 

"Will you go on a date with me?"

He was a little surprised but he'd said yes. She was fun, smart and pretty. A great combination. Not to mention vivacious. 

At the restaurant though, Elsa had been upfront. 

"Jack, do you know why I quit skating?"

"No, I don't"

"It's because I only have 3 years"

"3 years before what?"

"Before I die"

"What?"

"I have an aneurysm. When I was skating, I once took this massive fall and cracked my head open. After the surgery, they said that I had an aneurysm they couldn't remove. One misstep during the removal surgery and I'd be dead"

"So you're saying you're going to die in 3 years"

"Yes and that's why I asked you out so quickly. Usually I take a lot longer but..."

"No, I get it" 

He thought about joking. Would it be welcome?

"So, do you have a bucket list or something. You know, then we can make a movie together"

"I do but I never thought about..."

"We're going to make a movie ok? The two of us doing a bunch of things that are on your bucket list"

"Jack, I don't want to be a burden on you ok? But I really like you, more than any other guy I've met and I didn't want to leave thinking that I'd lost my one chance at a romance that I'd never really known before or something"

"Yeah, I understand and Elsa, I really like you too. But I'm afraid to fall for you because..."

"You don't have to say it"