Chapter 7-Pretty New Faces

Let go...

Please...

Let go...!

The girl struggled against the chains holding her frail body to the ground. A low, gutteral  growl left her lips as she tried once more to free herself from the heavy chains.
A man stood and waited, leaning against the corner by the cage. The child knew he was there, be she refused to acknowledge him.
She moved downwards and clamped her teeth around the metal chain, using every last resort to escape.

"Ah ah ah," said the black ladden figure from the shadows. "I haven't made you that strong yet my dear, and when I do you won't be tied up with meer chains."

The child growled once more, bearing her teeth at the man, who came into the light. He keeled in front of the cage and touched the child's neck, feeling around where the bruise was. She flinched when he touched it, and growled higher and louder, feeling the pain of his touch and disliking it.

"Don't...touch...me..." said the child, her voice low, gravel-like, and hoarse from lack of usage for so long. The man only smiled, striking a fear into the child's once fiery heart.

"Your time is over child," he said lowly. "Your human form is not longed for this world."

...................

I jolted awake as I sat up in my bed, my chest moving up and down faster than normal, and my heart pounding wildly against my ribs. I took a moment to catch my breath, then looked out my window, open and sunny.

I looked out at the buildings, and the sunny streets, wishing I could be anywhere but where I was. I swung out of my bed, and the feeling of my bare feet on the cold wooden floor making me feel refreshed.

Aoba hadn't been howling from behind my door, so I guess I wasn't screaming last night...

I took a deep breath and went over to my dresser, opening the top drawer to reach my sweatshirts and shirts. I reached in and grabbed at a sweatshirt, pulling out my pure black one that looked like I tiger had ripped it to shreds. I reached back into the drawer and pulled out my black tank top, then opened the lower drawer and pulled out my skinny jeans, the dark ones, with rips on the knees and upper thighs.

After dressing myself, I reached into my closet and pulled out my signature combat boots, but this pair was shorter than the other pair that I always wore to my Rhyme matches. And these had fluffy red and black plaid print on them, so I loved them more for daily wear.

Admin: (;3)

After that, I quickly brushed out my black and blonde locks, and left it down instead of up like I usually do. After finishing that, I moved over to the foot of my bed and woke up Snowfall. She sleepily opened her eyes and hopped up as soon as she saw me. Waychung her wagging her tail and hopping back and forth seemed to loft my spirits slifhtly, and I let a small smile grow on my face.

Snowfall hopped off of the bed and onto the floor, scurrying down the stairs as I scrambled to catch up.

"C'mon Ayama!" She said eagerly, pushing the door open with her nose as I said a quick good-bye to Tae and a promise to keep Aoba in line. "You'll be late for work if you don't hurry up Ayama!"