Chapter 17

Chapter 17

       I really wasn't liking having Worn Diversion as our opening act. They were all complete tools, especially Chad. It didn't help that Chad was flirting with me almost every chance he got, and I could tell Malachi was getting very jealous. Junior had to keep telling Malachi to cool it if he didn't want us to get caught.

       Then again, the worst that could have happened was everyone assuming Malachi really did have a crush on me and wasn't able to date me because of Agatha's stupid rule.

       I still needed Malachi to stay calm though, just in case they actually did figure out we really were dating.

       We were in our hotel room with Worn Diversion and Agatha to discuss the next show because apparently, she has a few rules she has to lay out.

       When the tool band showed up, Chad sat next to me while Malachi was in the kitchen and when he saw that, he got me up and sat in my spot, forcing Chad to scoot further away. "Oh, sorry, were you hoping to sit next to my best friend?" Malachi asked.

       Chad snorted. "Why do you think I sat next to her?"

       "Sorry, but only I can decide who's worthy enough to date her, and you're not even worthy enough to look at her," Malachi said.

       "You can't decide that for her," Chad said.

       "I can and I did, so build a bridge and get over it. Or pay someone to build a bridge for you since doing work yourself obviously isn't your style."

       "Alright, enough arguing," Agatha said. "Aviva, please take a seat."

       There weren't any other spots left, so I had to squeeze myself on the other side of Malachi since he was sitting on the end of the couch. Well, I didn't have to but I knew that would get Agatha mad and she had been really annoying me recently.

       Well, not recently. Almost six months after she became our manager and started making those ridiculous rules.

       "So, here are the rules I have to go over," Agatha said. "If Worn Diversion accidentally goes over their set time again, Major Vocal cannot go onto the stage. That looked completely unprofessional."

       "Are you serious?" Ricky asked. "You don't accidentally go over your set time. You know how long your set time is, and you know how many songs you are to perform. They went into the intermission and to our time. That does not happen by accident."

       "Yeah, and the stage crew didn't seem to do anything about it," Malachi said. "If I didn't step onto the stage, they would have completely taken over our show. You're only thinking it's an accident because your head is too far up their a--"

       I quickly elbowed Malachi's side so he wouldn't finish the sentence. Though, that was pretty much in vain since everyone knew what he was going to say.

       And it didn't make Agatha happy.

       "I hope you know that I control your paycheque," Agatha said.

       "Yeah? And I hope you know that you're getting a paycheque because of us," Malachi said. "I know your contract doesn't allow us to fire you, but if you keep favouring them over us, we most likely won't renew your contract. So if you want to continue getting a paycheque, you should start being a likable manager for once."

       Malachi didn't even wait for Agatha's reply before he got up from his seat and headed towards his bedroom, slamming the door shut. When he got mad, he got really mad, so now it was best to let him cool down. It was really hard to get him mad, but I completely understood why.