Disconnected

Characters: Ryan, 27 and Jess, 26

Jess' POV
Man! Today was so busy! I woke up at 7 am, was at work by 9 am, and then had back to back meetings all day. AND, I haven't even finished all my other work for a separate project! Let me fill you in everything that may be confusing.

I am married to Ryan, sweetest guy I know *blushes*. I graduated college at age 24 because I took a gap year in between high school and college. Ryan and I got together during college and knew from there that we would spend the rest of our lives together. Ryan works at a construction company while I work for a company that specializes in helping grow small businesses.

So anyway, back to why I am so busy. I am working on opening my safe haven for teens to go to when they need it. All of my meetings have been because I am trying to get all my permits needed for my space.
Ryan hasn't been as busy as I have just because his company isn't very busy during summer. But he does know that I have been crazy busy and our relationship is becoming strained because of my work.

Ryan's POV

I am really worried about Jess. She's working so hard to open her new business and getting it going, that she has become overwhelmingly stressed. Something that calms her down is when she is lying with me. So I am planning to take her on a little weekend retreat just so that she can just disconnect from everything. I get things ready that she may need, along with my stuff too. I am just hoping this gets her to unwind and feel refreshed once she gets back to work.

Jess' POV

I come around 7 pm and Ryan approaches me and says,
"Hi honey, how was work today?"
"Tiring, exhausting, and everything in between" i respond. He kisses me and takes my work bag so that I can just rest for a few minutes before dinner.
During dinner Ryan brings up something,
"You have been so busy lately working on your project, that I think it would be good to go on a weekend getaway and just relax"
"Ryan, I have so many emails to respond to and meetings to schedule! I don't have time to go anywhere."
"Love, we are going on this in an effort to reset and refresh your mind"
"This better work because I don't want to lose anymore time off my project"

Ryan's POV

As of right now, Jess doesn't know where we are going. We are driving to an open field so we can lie in the back of my truck in comforters and blankets to watch the stars.

Jess' POV

So apparently Ryan is taking me somewhere where I can unwind and relax. We haven't spent much time together lately just because of my work schedule. We live in Montana meaning there are few buildings in some places. We end up coming to an open field with some other cars just hanging around spread out. I'm confused until Ryan starts setting up the back of his truck all cozy. I notice that the stars are out. He takes me to the back of his truck and motions for me to jump up with him and just lie there with him in the silence of nature and no lights. We lie together for awhile until we both drift off into a restful sleep. I do believe this retreat should allow me to unwind and refresh my thinking habits into getting more work done efficiently. My husband allowed for me to become disconnected from life during that moment, and allowed me to be me, with him.