Ghost of You

*hi guys, this is a part 2 to Memories :)*

Jane's POV

It's been two years since the heart breaking day I found out that my boyfriend committed suicide. I have definitely changed since that day two years ago. I graduated college with a degree in photography. I started my own company/studio called Michael Jane's. I work with families, children, and weddings.

I've decided to go back to the house me and Michael bought together right before he passed away. Memories start flooding back to me.

      "here i am waking up
       still can't sleep on your side..."

Even though it's been two years since you left, I still can't sleep where you slept with me. It breaks my heart knowing you aren't coming back.

      "if i dream long enough
       you'd tell me i'd just be fine..."

I have these dreams every night, that we are back together, on earth, you alive and we are talking about having kids together. But then I wake up crying because I know it will never happen. I really need you to be here with me and tell me everything will be ok.

      "dancing through our house
       with the ghost of you..."

I've decided to dance around our house like we used to. I'm currently trying to dance, but I am down a partner. You know that scene in The Sound of Music when Maria is dancing alone? Yea, that's me right now.

      "cleaning up today
       found that old zeppelin shirt..."

I began unpacking the boxes from our old apartment and came across a box of all your band shirts. Journey, Good Charlotte, The Romantics, Imagine Dragons, and Led Zeppelin. You always loved the older bands (although Imagine Dragons isn't considered old) and now whenever I wear this shirt, I'm hoping you are having the concert of your life up in heaven.

      "we're too young, too dumb
       to know things like love..."

Of course we were young, talking about our family we would have together, watching our future kids grow up and play in our yard, we were gonna have so much fun! I'm 21 now, and you would be 23. I am making this promise to you right now, even if I do move on, I will never ever forget the impact you made on my life. You were my first serious relationship. The first boy I said "I love you" to. Heck! You were even my first kiss! I love you.