Prologue

"You're all here. Good." Coulson said as he turned from his window to face the crew in front of him.

"What's up, boss?" Daisy piped up.

"Earlier today, there were reports of unusual electronic behaviour around San Francisco, California"

"Unusual how?" May questioned.

"Microwaves turning on an off again, Fridges suddenly blasting heat. Phones, TVs, computers, all on the fritz. And it's all happening in a five mile radius of this house." Coulson explained as he turned to point at the screen. 

"My god." Fitz breathed. Coulson nodded in his direction.

"Yep. You can imagine just how much chaos that's causing in such a populated area."

"You think it's Inhuman?" Daisy asked.

"It's a possibility, but we can't know for sure."

"So who's the suspect?" May inquired.

"A girl. April Rose. Used to attend the Abe Lincoln High School, until she made like a banana and split two weeks ago following an unfortunate incident in class."

"Huh." Daisy commented.

"Daisy, she's probably going to feel scared, confused. Show her that she's not alone."

"Gotcha."

"Fitz, Tech is your thing, make sure we don't suddenly loose power from here to the other side of the globe."

"Yessir."

"And Bobbi, I'm going to need you there just in case things go south"

She nodded.

"Good. Let's bring her home."

⚡️⚡️⚡️

"This is the building?" Daisy asked.

Fitz nodded, "According to Coulson's intel. 3rd Floor." He then proceeded to step inside.

"Wait." Agent Morse took hold if his shoulder, stopping him. "Look." She said as she nodded towards a window on the second floor. Inside was well lit, and indistinct shadows could be seen of men, each holding rifles.

"Hydra?" Daisy inquired,

"Probably," Bobbi responded,

"Then she's really in danger," Agent Johnson twisted the doorknob and let herself in. "Let's get to her before anyone else does."

The soldiers who were stationed to guard the entrance lifted their weapons, but we're swiftly met with a seismic attack from Daisy before they could make a shot.

"You didn't need me here at all, did you?" Bobbi remarked.

Just then, two more guards ran down the stairs, but before Daisy could attack, Bobbi shot them both in the chest with an I.C.E.R.

"Well, maybe we need you a little." Daisy smirked, "Come on,"

Upon reaching the third floor, Agent Morse kicked the door in.

"Oh no," Daisy breathed.

A girl, and someone who looked like her father were kneeling on the carpet, embracing each other while being held at gun point by at least five guards.

"Don't move! Stay right where you are, or we shoot!" One of the guards - presumably the leader - said.

"Hang tight, Sweetie. Everything's going to be alright." The father whispered to his daughter.

"Let them go!" Daisy demanded

"That goes for you too, sweet cakes. Hands up where I can see 'em." The soldier threatened again.

"Okay, one: ew. Two: I said let them go." Daisy warned

The father stood up and put his hands in the air. "Look, we don't want any trouble. Just tell us what's going on and--"

The loud bang of a gun silenced him. A red hole appeared in the middle of the man's forehead. His brown eyes rolled up, and he fell to the ground. For a moment, nothing could be heard apart from the laboured breathing of the girl.

"Grab her." Daisy commanded. She then sprung into action; sweeping the soldiers away with her powers, while Bobbi ran for the girl and pulled her onto her shoulder.

Swiftly, they all ran outside into the streets.

"What's the ETA of the containment pods?" Bobbi asked, still holding on to the girl.

"Uh... Zero minutes." Fitz huffed as a large rectangular pod flew in from the sky.

"Get inside! Now!" Daisy ordered.

"All of us? But what about--"

"Fitz!" Daisy growled.

"Alright, alright," Fitz said.

when everyone got in the pod safely, they all let out a sigh of relief and Bobbi put the girl down.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

The girl, April, just nodded, her eyes staring into space.

"Not much of a talker, huh?" Daisy said. The girl stayed silent as her glassy eyes rested on the agent in front of her. "It's okay. We're here to help."