F O U R

The castle's reflection was visible before the castle itself. The bright lights that shone through the windows stood out in the darkness of the night. There it was - Hogwarts Castle.

"It's beautiful, isn't it," Stella whispered in Alison's ear. "It really is!" She responded excitedly. The boats slowed down as they neared the castle entrance. The great, hulking figure of Rubeus Hagrid disembarked from his boat and helped the kids out. "Finally," Stella muttered under her breath as she climbed out of the boat. "Oh come on. It wasn't that bad!" Alison called as she chased after her newfound friend. They chased each other into the castle and to a oddly large oak door, where they finally stopped and looked around. Everything was a plain shade of gray, which confused the two.

At that moment, a wizened, black-haired lady wearing emerald green robes opened the door from the other side and looked out. After a short discussion with Hagrid, she led the young students into the large entrance hall and towards a side chamber, where they squeezed in. The lady, who they later figured out was Professor McGonagall, gave them a small speech about the school and the upcoming Sorting Ceremony. Alison looked over at Stella, hoping to catch her gaze, but her friend's focus was on something else. When McGonagall left, the chamber erupted into hurried whispers. 

As Stella was glancing around, she noticed a boy with white blonde hair that was greased back talking to Harry and a boy with bright red hair. She growled softly. "Everything ok?" Her newfound friend asked. "Yeah. Everything's... fine." She muttered. The boy with the white blonde hair saw Stella staring at him and began to strut over.

"Well, if it isn't the filthy blood traitor Draconia." He told Stella coldly. "Malfoy," she growled. Alison looked back and forth between the two, confused. The boy laughed. "Feisty, huh?" He smirked. "Look Malfoy. I don't care what you have to say. Why don't you go play with Crabbe and Goyle in the sandbox?" Stella told him coldly. The boy, Malfoy, stared her down. "My father will hear about this!" "To hell with your father!" Stella screamed at his back. She was breathing heavily and was glaring at his back.

"Why do I have a feeling he isn't the kind of person to hang with?" Alison asked her friend quietly.  "Because he isn't." she responded rather matter-of-factly. "He's a Malfoy. His dad is one of You-Know-Who's top Death Eaters. Alison glanced back at the boy just as Professor McGonnagal walked back into the chamber to bring the First Years into the Great Hall. It was time for the sorting.