F I V E

The first years flooded into the great hall, between the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff tables, to the head of the room

The first years flooded into the great hall, between the Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff tables, to the head of the room. Professor McGonagall stood by a stool with a battered looking hat on it. The sorting hat. She started reading out names; the students would go up, sit on the stool and have the hat placed on their head. The hat would then shout out a house and the student would go and sit at their house table.

"Stella Draconia" McGonagall said. Stella stepped forwards and sat down on the stool. The sorting hat spoke to her in her mind but she wasn't really paying attention, not until the hat shouted;

"Ravenclaw!"

Stella smiled and walked over to the Ravenclaw table, taking a seat near the end so there would still be space for Alison- if she was in the same house that is.

"Alison Liado"

Alison nervously walked up and sat on the stool, the hat was placed on her head and it began speaking to her, she didn't pay much attention to his words. Suddenly, she heard cheers.

"Ravenclaw!"

The Ravenclaws all cheered as Alison walked over to the table. Beaming, she sat down next to Stella. Dumbledore stood up  to make his start-of-term speech. 

"Welcome!" he said. "Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts! Before we begin our banquet, I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! Thank you!"

Food appeared on the tables and the headmaster sat back down, everyone began eating.