Why Me?!?!?

Jess' POV

We had arrived at the lake house later than the others because Wes and "Roni" kept taking breaks to make out. It was about 6:20pm when we got there and it was still daylight outside. I let the dogs out of the car and let them run around the house while I got my duffels from Naomi's jeep and walked into the lake house. It was beautiful. Nice dark wood complemented the tan walls. Picture frames covered the walls and no dust anywhere. Almost breathtaking. Almost. Now, Wes was breathtaking. He, to me, was a greek god. Perfectly sculpted by the hands of creation.

Naomi called my name as I was still looking around the downstairs of the house. I dropped my bags by the stairs and followed her voice into the kitchen. "We're gonna decide rooms. Also, what took you guys so long?" Drew asked. Leigh and I met eyes. She asked the silent question "What happened?" I shook my head her way and answered "Ask Wes or Roni." Naomi mouthed sorry. I just shrugged in turn. "Okay let's pick rooms." Drew said breaking the awkward silence. "Since they were late let's just put them in a room. Leigh and I chose a room already." Keaton had suggested. Leigh blushed crimson and came over to me. She whispered "He asked me out in the car." I smiled and hugged her. She's liked Keaton since I introduced her to the boys. She shoved me and I almost fell, but I grabbed her at last second and she fell with me. We were wrestling on the ground until Veronica came in with Wes in tow. "No wonder you're single." She said feigning nice.

Drew had the map of the house and pointed out rooms. Turns out my room was right next to Wes and Veronica's. I went outside to get the dogs. I called for them and they came inside knocking Veronica down in the process. I laughed and Wes glared at me for a few moments. I stopped laughing and a hurt smile played on my lips. He helped Veronica up and they went to their room. I ignored Leigh and Naomi's shocked and angry looks, and headed to my bedroom. Why was he acting like that? What did I do? She' has to be planning something. Naomi and Leigh busted into my room spewing questions. I told them "Calm the fuck down. Slow down. Damn it. Keep it down." I managed to shut the door before my secret got out. "Okay. Now one question at a time." I breathed out heavily since I had to jump the bed to shut the door quickly. "What the hell was that with Wes? You guys always were mistaken for a couple when you guys hang together. Why is he acting like a dick?" Naomi said, fired up about him being rude. She's right though, Wes and I were always mistaken as a couple. Wes and I were closer than Naomi and Drew and they're even dating. I was surprised that he didn't tell me he was with Veronica. "I don't know what his deal is. I didn't even know that Wes and her were together until today. I mean I knew that he kept texting someone while we would hang out these past few months, but every time I asked him who he was texting he would just brush me off. Now that I think about Wes has been brushing me off more lately. He would just say that he was busy." The more I said those things the more my eyes would fill up with tears. "I was supposed to confess this summer." I said broken heartedly, while peering up at Leigh and Naomi. They rushed over to me. I wiped the tears away before they fell. I stood up and told them "I guess instead of confessing, I'll be trying to get over him." They hugged me. I pushed them out of my room saying something along the lines of this "I'll be okay. I'm always okay." I decided that I would unpack and see what everyone else is doing.

"  I decided that I would unpack and see what everyone else is doing

Picture of Jess' Room.