Friend Zone Forever

Jess' POV
While I was unpacking I started talking to myself "Maybe I'm meant to be alone?..... Why does loving someone hurt so much?......What does she have that I don't?" I finished unpacking and went downstairs with Kona and Kai at my heels. My heart hurt, but I'm used to it. I saw Drew and Naomi making dinner in the kitchen. Big smiles on both of their faces. Must be nice. Leigh and Keaton were cuddling on the couch. Wes and Veronica were outside according the Leigh. I went to the kitchen and asked "How about we have a bonfire tomorrow?" Drew smiled at me and looked towards Naomi. Naomi just shrugged and said "Sure. I don't see why not." I fist pumped the air. I love when we have bonfires. We can get drunk and just be our crazy selves.We called everyone to dinner. We ate and just talked.

After dinner Leigh suggested to watching a movie and everyone agreed. Veronica went to bed, but Wesley stayed up. I decided that I would do dishes. While doing dishes I felt someone poke my sides. I turned slightly to see Wes smiling down at me. "Hey kiddo." He said softly. I hate being called that. Naomi called me that once and I didn't speak to her for a week. "What do you want Wes?" I grumbled while gathering the rest of the dishes. I carried them over the sink, where I had already filled up with hot, soapy water. I started washing the dishes and Wes finally answered me "What's with the attitude?" He was still smiling. It was as if he didn't ignore me today. "It's nothing." I said while washing dishes. "You wash and I'll dry?" He suggested. I was still sore about him ignoring me, but nodded my head. "Hey...I'm sorry about this morning. I didn't mean to ignore you, but Veronica is high maintenance." He laughed after telling me this. "So,....how long" I practically whispered, he still heard me. "What do you mean?.... Are you talking about Roni and me?" I nodded. He answered "Um...about....a..about 6 months." He stuttered out, while rubbing the back of his neck.

I dropped the dish that I was washing, and it clattered in the sink. "How could you keep that from me? For months even?!" I raised my voice at the end. He looked taken aback for a moment before turning a bit mad "Because I know you don't like her-" "Then why did you bring her on our trip?" I cut him off. "She told me I should introduce her to my friends, since she introduced me to hers. I was being a good boyfriend." He told me, fueling his anger a bit before dialing back. "I wanted you to connect with her. That's why I brought her. She's not a bad person. You're my best friend, you have been since I was 6 and you were 2. I want you to get along with my girlfriend." He said softly. "Wes, I couldn't possibly get along with her after what she did to me...and another thing, you say you're my best friend, but you kept that from me. So did you think that I would be mad about you getting a girlfriend?.... Well I am now because you kept it from me. For months you blew me off and ignored me when we would hang out." He looked at me with sorry eyes. "I'm sorry Jess. I knew you'd be upset, but I didn't mean to hurt your feelings or anything. Please try to be nice. I'm begging you. I know what she did to you and she said she's sorry. Can't you be happy for me? " I was silent and had no emotions on my face. After a few moments I nodded and said "Sure." He grabbed me in a hug and said "I love you Jess. You're such a good friend." He pulled away and sauntered into the living room.

I went and told Naomi that I was feeling a bit sick and I needed some air, so I was gonna go to the lake for a bit. She nodded in turn as an okay. Wes had a big smile on his face. He also had a sparkle in his eyes. You never had the shine in your eyes when you were alone with me. I walked outside with Kai by my side. Kona was lying on Wes' lap enjoying him as a comfy pillow. Traitor. Once I got by the dock, I had checked my phone. It's was about 10pm and it was almost dark out. Scattering lights by the lake were kicking on automatically. I had a couple notifications and a snapchat from Keaton. I opened it and it said:

I sent him one back saying:

he sent me another saying: