You're Worth Suffering For

Keaton's POV

Poor Jess. I heard everything that went on in the kitchen between her and Wes. It's so obvious that she likes him, but he can be very oblivious at times. When Wes can in with a smile on his face I knew that she had forgiven him. I heard her tell Naomi that she was gonna get some air, that she felt sick. I felt horrible. She is the sweetest person: she always puts herself before others, makes sure everyone is happy, and always makes us laugh. Her smile brightens up a room according to all of her friends. She may seem innocent, but she can be dirty sometimes. Wes has her wrapped around his finger and he's to worried about some slut, than the girl that would give up everything just to see him smile. This is very true, seeing as Veronica and her have a past, and yet, she still said that she would be nice to her for Wesley. I snapchatted Jess asking if she was okay. She replied with a no and I knew she needed someone. I made my way outside when I saw Veronica come down the stairs, after Leigh went to bed. Veronica had a smirk on her face, but it dropped when she saw someone missing. I knew right then, Veronica is using Wesley and he's too dumb and in "love" with her to notice it. I noticed the way she talks about Jess to Wesley. She says some nice and mean things about her. She even tried to get Wes to stop talking to her. Wes told her that he didn't tell Jess yet, and that it would be suspicious. I wonder what happened to Veronica and Jessie in the past?

Jessie's POV
Flashback 3 years ago
I walked into my first party ever with my best friends: Leigh and Naomi. I just moved next door with my new roommates, about 2 weeks ago. Naomi's boyfriend, Drew, also our neighbor, was throwing an end of the year house party. I met Drew when I moved in. I saw Veronica, a girl I met on the first day, she's practically had it out for me because not only did I spill my lunch on her the first day, but she knows that I like Wesley. Veronica was kind of lanky and didn't hit puberty well yet, so Wes didn't really see her. She's been the school slut since she entered high school. It was all to get Wes' attention. The boys were popular because not only did they have a band, but they also played sports and were really good looking. Naomi left me for Drew and Leigh went to find Keaton, whom she's been crushing on.

I was walking toward the backyard , when I was stopped by Matt, one of Wes' football friends, he said "If you're looking for Wes he's upstairs." I nodded in return to his statement, and made my way upstairs. I made it to the top of the stairs and down the hall to where their den was. when I saw Veronica and her goons surround me. They all threw their drinks on me and started throwing confetti and food as well. No one videotaped this and Veronica came by my ear and whispered "If you think you have a chance you're wrong. He's mine and you're just a pathetic child pining after someone who will never love you." I turned to her slightly when she pulled back, "At least he can see me. You. Dumb. Whore." The last sentence I said all while punctuating each word, and poke her chest. "He doesn't see you, you fat ass." I'll admit that hurt a bit, but she won't see that. "Oh yeah. Prove it." I challenged her. She took off toward where Wes really was and sat down on his lap. "Wes? Do you see Jessie as more than a friend or as just as a friend?" She asked him, while smiling devilishly. He slurred his words, saying "Nope. She's my friend. My best friend." He looked at me and waved once he finished his sentence. I didn't wave back at went toward the house next door.

End of Flashback

I will never forgive her for what she did. I didn't care about her throwing drinks at me, it was what did said to Wes. When did it get this bad? How can I be jealous over someone who doesn't see me as a significant other? Loving someone, who doesn't love you back, hurts more than being stabbed, hit by a truck, and giving birth all at once. I was petting Kai, who laid by my side, with his head in my lap. I felt the dock move very, slightly and I looked to the right and I saw Keaton. "Hey." he whispered. "Hey." I said quietly, overlooking the lake. "Talk to me. How are you feeling?" He asked quietly, seemingly afraid to raise his voice any higher. I didn't say anything and I looked up at him, pain evident in my eyes, then he sighed "Why haven't you moved on from him. It would stop the pain you feel." I looked away and said "If he's amazing, he won't be easy. If he's easy, he won't be amazing. If he's worth it, you won't give up. If you give up, you're not worthy... Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the one worth suffering for ~Bob Marley." I looked at Keaton again and then watched Kai go up to the porch and lay down. "Keaton... To me he is worth suffering for. He is absolutely incredible. He's smart, he can sing, he's handsome and he would make a great dad. I just wish he could see me." I wanted to cry after saying this. "If... If it means that much to you tell him. Tell him how you feel and-" I cut Keaton off "And what, huh? Say 'oh Wesley I'm so in love with you please take my heart and my hand and let's live happily ever after.' No. I won't I would rather be in pain being his friend, than be in pain and completely deprived of him." He kept quiet and he kept glancing at me. "What? I'm fine, now." He looked at me and said "You don't look fine." "Then stop looking." I said a bit rude. He stayed quiet, after I said that, for a while. "I'm sorry Keats. I didn't mean to snap at you." I said in a soft voice, hoping and praying for so forgiveness. He hugged me and said "It's okay. I shouldn't have pried into your business. I just wish you didn't have to hurt so much." I pulled away and whispered to him, "Good things come to those who wait."         But, I'm getting tired of waiting.

"         But, I'm getting tired of waiting