Chapter 5

First, I just want to say this: Holy shit! I did not expect this book to get so many views, favorites, and comments so quickly. It's amazing. I believe that this was a better kick off then 'The Shapeshifter'! Thank you guys so much. This is truly amazing. Well, enough of me, I'm pretty sure you want the story. Here ya go!

Rouge, Amy, and Shadow are walking down the street back to Tails' house. Before they left though, Alannah and Shadow had to say goodbye to each other. Rouge and Amy were uncomfortable being there any longer because she gave them a knowing glare before they left. Flashback time, shall we?

The trio finally finish their breakfast. Well, Shadow ate most of it. The same line of workers came by and picked up the plates, bidding farewell to three. "Well, that was satisfying" Amy said, patting her now full stomach. "Are you full now, Shadow?" She asked. Shadow shrugs as he gets up. "I'm not hungry anymore but I'm not full either" he said, walking to the girls' side of the table. "We should probably get going" he said. Rouge nods in agreement as her and Amy stand up from their chairs. They start walking to the front when they were stopped by a familiar voice.

"Ya ain't leaving until I get my hug, Shadow" she said. They turn around to see Alannah jogging up to them. Shadow smiles. "Of course. You'll never have me forget." The two hug each other. "Good luck with your problem" Alannah said as they pulled away from each other. "Thanks. I'm gonna need it" Shadow replied. Shadow waves goodbye and Alannah does the same but when Amy waved a nervous goodbye, Alannah's hand went down instantly. She glared at her, her eyes like daggers piercing into her soul. Rouge notices and drags Amy out of the restaurant, the two speed walking to not only catch up to Shadow, but to get away from that piercing, knowing glare.

It still makes the two shudder just to think about it. The two decided mentally that they won't mention Alannah at all unless if she's there with them physically, which, they pray, will never happen again. They make it to Tails' house and Rouge opens the door to see Sonic and Tails trying to fix the living room. The furniture was still lying on the ground and they just finished the ceiling when they saw the trio. "Oh, hey guys" Sonic said, waving a hammer as a substitute hand. "How was breakfast?" He asked. "It was great. Shadow ate most of the food, though" Amy said.

"Of course he did" Tails said. Shadow closed the door as the three walked into the house. Sonic and Tails step down from the ladder and Sonic folds it up. He then takes it back to the garage which is where most of the supplies are. "Now it's time for the furniture" Tails said, turning around to see Shadow picking up the couch one handed and setting it back into its normal spot. Shadow picked up the coffee table and set it down next to the couch. The TV stand was pushed up and Shadow placed the TV onto it. Surprisingly, the TV received no damage. The entire living room looked like it never received any damage except for some scratch marks on the couch and TV stand here and there.

"Wow. Um, thanks" Tails said. Shadow nods as Sonic returns back to the room. "Wow, looks like nothing ever happened." Sonic surveys the room and finished it with a fine whistle. "I take it Shadow fixed it up." Rouge nods. Just then, Shadow started to sway a bit. Rouge was the first to grab onto him. "Hon, are you alright?" Shadow doesn't respond as suddenly pushed her away and fell backwards, hitting the back of his head at the corner of the wall. All of them gasps as Sonic and Rouge were the first ones right next to him. "Shadow? Shadow!" Rouge exclaimed.

Sonic picks up his head to see blood pouring out of the crack in Shadow's skull. "Sonic, bring him to my lab!" Tails shouted, running off. Sonic nods as he picks up Shadow and carried him bridal style to Tails' lab. Rouge was hyperventilating and Amy walked over to try to calm her down. "Come on Rouge, sit down." Rouge nods as the two sit down. "He's going to be fine, Rouge. You know how he is." "I know, I know but..." Rouge stops as her emotions started choking her, tears forming in her eyes. Amy hugs Rouge as she starts breaking down, her tears staining Amy's fur along the neck of her dress.

Sonic walks back in and sits next to Rouge. He starts rubbing her back in a way of comfort. They sit there for who knows how long before Tails finally walked out with a small smile. "He'll be fine" was all he said and that brought Rouge to tears. Amy hugs Rouge again as Sonic stands up. "When will he wake up?" "He'll wake up soon. The wound wasn't to deep nor to wide so he'll be fine." Sonic releases a sigh of relief. Just then they hear crashes coming from the lab. Tails stiffens as he runs in there. "Uuumm guys... I think you want to see this" Tails shouted.

Rouge bolts up and runs into the lab, Sonic and Amy in tow. They come into the lab to see Shadow in his wolf form. "Wait, what time is it?" Amy asked. "It's in the middle of the day!" Tails exclaimed. "That makes no sense" Sonic said. Sonic walks towards the behemoth of a wolf and lightly touches his shoulder. Shadow growls as he turns around, the fur raising in his back. Shadow's ears then perk up as he saw the familiar figure in front of him. The fur on his back rested back into place as the beast started wagging his tail, knocking over a chair. Sonic reaches out his hand and was met with Shadow's forehead.

"Uh, Sonic? Can you uh... take him outside so that he doesn't destroy my lab" Tails said uncertainly. Sonic jumps slightly and rubs his neck. "Right. Sorry." Sonic starts walking away and Shadow, not wanting to be separated from him, immediately follows. He growls at Rouge, Amy, and Tails as the two walked outside. Instantly, Shadow pinned Sonic onto the ground, winding the blue speed demon. "What the-" Sonic was cut off from Shadow laying flat on him, his head on Sonic's chest. Sonic lets out a forceful exhale. "Oh god, you're heavy" he strained to say.

Shadow starts wagging his tail as he moves himself forward, plopping back down closer to Sonic's face. Something came up in the werewolf's mind. He doesn't know where he got it from; he doesn't even remember where it's from, but he felt like he needed to do it. He stands up and hovers over Sonic's face. Sonic has that same connection. He shivers as the beast slowly moved forward until a soft kiss was planted on Sonic's lips. Sonic's face turns red as Shadow stood up and ran around the backyard. Sonic pushed himself up and puts two fingers on his lips.

'Did he just... kiss me?' He thought. He looked at Shadow who was playing with a dead branch, dragging it in the dirt. Sonic stands up and looks at what Shadow is doing. Shadow was dancing around the backyard, nearly pushing Sonic over. When Shadow was done, he dropped the branch in front of him and nodded at the work in front of him. Sonic stood gaping at the ground. Before him was a highly detailed drawing of Shadow in his wolf form and Sonic. They were both staring at each other and Sonic knew that it was about the connection.

"How... how did you do this?" Sonic stared at the beast in front of him. Shadow just stares back, not making a move. Then, a low like rumble came from Shadow's chest as one word formed. "So... nic."