F-Friends?

Undyne slammed her fist on the table, causing the bowls of soup and silverware to shudder. "Look guys, we need to find a way to get rid of Chara. Frisk is suffering because of us and if we don't do something, she'll kill everyone! Muffet was the first victim and-"

"Please calm down, Undyne," Toriel interrupted. "Frisk reset and Muffet is fine. We just have to be careful."

Sans leaned back in his chair. "What would Chara's weakness be?"

I walked into the kitchen where everyone was talking. Papyrus smiled and waved at me as I walked over to him and sat on his lap at the table. "Thanks, Pap!"

Sans turned his attention toward me. "Do you know any of Chara's weaknesses?"

I thought back to when her and I talked in the Ruins. Her aura changed when I called her my friend and defended her. Could that be a lead?

"She might be weak against friends. This sounds like some sort of pony cartoon about friendship, but I was able to talk to her. When I called her a friend, I felt a change." I glanced over at Toriel, who looked over at me with a warming flame in her eyes.

A long silence passed before Alphys perked up. "That's it! I have an idea!"

She grabbed my wrist and Sans' jacket and dragged us out of Toriel's house, into the woods. We walked on, following her toward Moat, who happily drew pictures in the river, only to be swept away by the current.

Moat looked up at the three of us. "Tra-la-la! Care for-"

"Hotland, please," Alphys commanded, helping Sans and I into the boat.

"What is your plan?" I ask.

Alphys scratched her spines. "I am going to try and befriend Chara and draw her out. Who knows, if she is a ghost of some sort or has some sort of soul, I could build a body for her and-"

"Why would you want to do that? She tried to kill us all!" Sans butted in. "She doesn't have a soul. She's an empty, evil demon."

I unconsciously flinched from Sans' comment. "Whoa... That was harsh..." I heard myself say. I felt something weird coming from somewhere.

"It's the truth," Sans scoffed, gazing out at the rock walls that we were passing. "Chara wants to kill, and only to kill. She wants nothing more."

"What if she isn't like that? What if-"

"Frisk, you know what Chara is like, and you know what she can do!" Sans raised his deep voice. "I've seen it countless times! I have told you again and again. I have studied the timelines and I have seen her kill every last monster here, over and over. It's her kind of fun, and we can't change that!"

I sighed and glanced at Alphys. She had her tail tucked beside her and her claws held tightly onto a clipboard. She was trembling a little. Sans sighed and turned away from us. I simply looked down into the water beside me. I saw a reflection that wasn't me, but Chara. She looked less sinister.

"I think that she can be a good person. If she would just try," I whispered.

~~~(Time Skip)~~~

"Tra-la-la! Come again soon!" Moat cheered, waving us goodbye.

We walked up toward Alphys' laboratory and we stepped inside. Alphys quickly ran ahead toward the elevator and stepped inside. We soon followed.

Sans had not said a word to me since our argument. We walked down the hallways into the bright lab room. It looked just as it did when Sans and Alphys experimented on me for Chara.

"Lay down here, Frisk," Alphys instructed.

I lied down on the metal bed and relaxed. I suddenly felt a heavy weight crash over me. Chara was taking over. I relaxed and let my body go unconscious.

Well then, you aren't even resisting are you? That's sweet on my end. Thanks.

Alphys was the first to speak up. "Chara, we need to talk."

Sure, like I'd want to talk to you two.

"Please, we need to come up with a solution to this."

A solution? You've got to be joking. I want to kill, Alphys. I want to kill everyone so that my feelings won't get in the way.

"W-We can w-work something out! Just, please give us a chance," Alphys pleaded.

Ugh, will you stop trying to talk to me if I listen to you?!

Alphys raised her clipboard. "Yes. Now please tell us..."

"...What is your idea of friends?"