Chapter 12 - Time for war

The scout has spotted Lucius men around our area and the time we all feared for has finally arrived. Everybody was reading themselves for war. The woman who can fight prepared themselves, while the other who wants to protect their children or with child like me were taken to a secure compound.

Mia joined us. She was a good fighter as well because of her Alpha genes but she chose to stay and protect us. Some of the omega also stayed with us, because they were to weak to fight. Nathan came to greet me and we were saying our final goodbyes. He held me tight against his chest, resting his head on my shoulder, with his face on the crook of my neck. I stood there taking in the scent of him for the final time.

"You better come back to me."

"I will beautiful. I promise I will."

"I refuse to raise my child without a father."

"You won't. Our baby will be raised to be a strong Alpha."

"Came back fast." I placed a kiss on his lips.

"I love you." He kissed my forehead.

"We love you too." We hugged again until he bent down on one knee.

"Hey buddy." He touched my very showing tummy know. "You better protect mommy while daddy's gone okay?" He kissed my belly stood up kissed me one last time and left with Alec walking next to him.

A lot of husbands, wife, boyfriends and girlfriends greeted their partners. Almost everybody was in tears. We knew this war was going to be intense. Everybody had months to prepare. The shaman came walking to me.

"Something around here seems to be blocking my magic." He warned. "You hadn't been having visions lately have you?"

"No not at all.".

" hmm. Well be careful something's not right okay." He walked with the rest of the men.

"Lea." Mia called behind me. I walked towards her.

"I think the people needs you they all seem pretty worried." I nodded my head and called everybody together.

"Listen. I know you are all worried about your loved ones. Your sons, daughters, husbands and wives are going out to battle and probably sacrificing their lives but remember they are doing this for you. For us. For our pack. That's probably the greatest honor a person can get. To give themselves for the lives of their loved ones. All of them are great fighters. We will win this war. We will rise above. That is a promise." They all started talking between themselves.

"Take care of your children and elders. They are the next generation after this war and will need the elders to guide them." I nodded my head and headed towards Melina. She looked upset.

"Whats wrong?"

"Nothing much Luna. I just found out I am pregnant but didn't get chance to tell my husband."

"I am sorry Melina. But he will return."

"That's good coming from a seer." She laughed.

I took a seat next to her and took out a book I managed to snatch from the library. A storm brewed and that made me even more worried. Fighting on a dark muddy field didn't sound very attractive.

Later that night a thunderstorm was on the happen. The scared children looked for protection from their mothers and fathers. Me and Mia were cuddled up in a blanket. We were just talking and trying to make jokes to calm our nerves. I started taking a liking towards Mia. She was actually nice and funny. You would not guess that from her perfectionism attitude.

"Luna someone was spotted outside the compound." A scout that was left to warn us came in.

"Stay here I'll go look." Mia said standing up, already showing her canines.

*****
It had been over an hour and Mia still hadn't returned. I wanted to looked for her and called one of the guys who were meant to protect us to come with me.

We headed towards the area where the scout said the man had been spotted but no one was there. I walked further but still no one.

I spotted something. A body. I walked closer to see the body of the scout who had called us. This was all a trap!

A growling noise sounded near us and some howling. Both me and the guy stood ready for a fight. I couldn't change into my wolf form because I was so far pregnant but my protector did. He was a dark blue color. The color of the hunters.

The growling came near. I turned around because I heard something creak behind me. There was also nothing but pure darkness. Suddenly there was a thump noise behind me. I turned to see my protector laying on the floor bleeding. I rushed towards him but it was too late. There was no pulse.

I saw a wolf coming towards us. When it came close enough for me to see I could make out what color wolf it was.

A pitch black one.

It looked the same as Lucius's wolf just smaller in posture. The eyes was also different. It had less evil in them than Lucius but more hatred.

"I demand you show yourself."

The wolf only growled.

"If you are to be my maker I want to see who I am dealing with." I tried again.

"With pleasure." A female voice said from the wolf. Next thing I know the wolf transformed into a familiar redhead. It turned into...

Mia.