What's wrong? (One-Shot)

"What's wrong?" Danielle asked me, her brilliant eyes full of concern. "Liam, just tell me."

"Nothing, I'm fine." I push her away again and again, hoping one day she'll just let me go and save herself the trouble.

"No, Liam, you can't keep me from seeing your pain. Just look at yourself." She places her hand on my chin and turns my head towards the mirror hanging on my wall. I stare at the scrawny, broken boy in my room. What happened to him? I move towards him, trying to comfort him but as I get up so does he. I realize that the boy is me, a pathetic excuse of life. My eyes are drooped and dull, with dark circles lining them. I had bruises covering my limbs from the abuse of my dad, mixed with the cuts and burns I abused myself with. I began to sob seeing the lonely boy, but I feel pressure along my hand. I look down at it to find Dani's hand wrapped tightly around mine. My eyes travel up to hers, and she smile through her tears. As i wipe one off her cheek she simultaneously kisses one off my nose. I smile and listen to her her speak in a cracked tone.

"Let me fix you, Li. I don't want to see you hurting. I love you." My heart swells with passion at the words and I sloppily kiss her.

"I love you too, Dani." She giggles. "Liam, look again." I turn to see myself happy, the scars gone, the bruises missing, but the on thing that remains is the largest smile i think i've ever had.