Chapter 5. The Chamber had been opened

"Where's Harry?" Ron asked. We were currently sitting in the Great Hall eating dinner whilst Harry had a detention to sit. I was too busy eating my dinner so left Hermione to explain the absence of our black-haired friend.

"He's in detention," she said, putting down her cutlery and narrowing her eyes at the both of us. Hermione was not very happy when she found out we had managed to get detention on our first night back. "Draco's taking his with Professor McGonagall, yours is with Professor Flitwick and Harry's is with..." Hermione chewed her lip. "Professor Lockhart," there was a slight blush on her face, which made Ron and I roll our eyes.

"Anyway! This is what happens when you fly a car into the school," she berated.

"You... miss dinner?" Ron asked. Hermione sighed in defeat whilst I continued to eat.

"You guys wanna meet up with him when he escapes?" I asked.

"Escapes?!" Hermione exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes, "no- like... it's alright. Should we go?"

"Sure, let's give him some dinner too," Ron nodded.

So with the three of us packing some dinner in a little parcel, and then telling Dean to take care of it. I couldn't trust Seamus and Neville to not eat the food and Dean seemed like he didn't care too much about making sure the food was safely tucked into our dormitory.

We headed to the Defence classroom.

We were walking along the corridor when we spotted Harry already walking around the halls. His eyes were squinted and face contorted into one of concentration. "Harry?" I called, looking back at the others whilst running over to the boy. "You alright kid?"

"Can you hear that?" he whispered, shaking his head slightly.

"Hear what?" I asked. Harry didn't reply and instead started to run past the rest of us. I almost was about to let him go when Ron grabbed my wrist and pulled us along. I groaned, not wanting to immediately run right after eating a full dinner.

We continued to chase after Harry until the boy stopped and we all knocked into him. Harry slipped and fell over and that's when I noticed that the corridor we were standing in was flooding slowly.

I turned around and gasped when I saw the writing on the walls. "The Chamber of Secrets has been opened. Enemies of the heir... beware," I read off the wall. "Well... at least it rhymes?"

Hermione glared at me, "It's written in blood!!"

"We don't know that?" Ron shouted. "Could be faked."

"Ye-yeah," Harry muttered. "Maybe it's just a prank."

"MY CAT!" Mister Filch screamed. I flinched, turning to look at the old caretaker and then saw what he was talking about. I completely forgot about Mrs Norris. "You murdered my car! I'll kill ya! I'll kill ya!" he stormed, getting closer to us.

I pulled out my wand whilst the others tried to explain. "Mister Filch it wasn't-"

"What is this?" a voice spoke from behind us. Whirling around, I now noticed that students of Hogwarts were all surrounding us and Professor McGonagall was staring at the four of us with intent. She looked back at the wall and towards Harry and me. Instinctively, I moved in front of Harry and pulled him behind me; I don't know why I was so protective of Harry, but after I saw the effects of calling Hermione a mudblood I was haunted by my past actions and the ultimate effect it had on people.

Professor McGonagall arched her brow and sheepishly moved away. Harry looked offended but I shrugged. "She looks like she could kill me," I whispered.

"Fair point," he mumbled, now looking back at Headmaster Dumbledore.