Chapter 1

I lay curled up on my couch, Pride and Prejudice playing. I bit my lip and grinned. I had seen this movie a million times, but I loved it. It was my eternal opinion that Jane Austen was a Goddess. All of her works are masterpieces.

I spent most of my Friday nights at home. I never managed to get anyone to ask me out. I was dreadfully plain even homely, and I was considered weird by most of the people I've associated with. I spent most of my time zoning out, fantasizing or laughing. I loved to laugh.

"Mrs Darcy. Mrs Darcy. Mrs Darcy." quoth I with Mr Darcy. I hugged my fuzzy blanket closer to me and sigh in content. The credits rolled. I clicked the power button on the remote and lie there.

"Yo, anyone here?" a voice asked, opening my door. My friend, Tessa, came and dropped herself on the couch. She flung her keys onto my coffee table.

"Ugh, I hate dancing in heels." She kicked her shoes off.

Tessa has auburn hair and an alluring figure. Her eyes were an intelligent deep green. She could flirt like it was her second nature. She had more than one date every weekend. Not only that, she is smart. Tessa is basically everything I've ever wanted to be and, surprisingly, had been friends since the fourth grade.

"Hey," Tessa asked. "What'd you do tonight?"

I sigh and give a weak smile. "The usual."

"Which Jane Austen film this time?"

"I thought you would know. Pride and Prejudice. Matthew McFadyen, not Colin Firth," I replied sheepishly.

"C'mon, Camilla!" She says. "You have to get a life. Meet some guys!"

"I doubt that any guys will be interested in me," I say, sighing.

"Stop telling yourself that. Your prince charming just hasn't found you yet." Tessa smiles.

I smile back.

"I've gotta go to bed," Tessa said after a moment of silence. I nod.

Your prince charming just hasn't found you yet. I replayed Tessa's words in my mind.

Yeah, right. I thought.

Thanks for reading, you guys! Srry for the short chapter. It'll be longer later! A kind reminder to maybe vote and comment! I bid you adieu my beautiful readers!