{10}

"Why are we here again?" I asked Jughead as we walked hand in hand towards the pep rally.

    "Because this is Archie's game and Betty and your friend-"

    "Veronica" I corrected.

    "Yes, Veronica and Betty are going to cheer and the whole town is here it's just a Riverdale thing,  plus it's in support of Jason." He said.

    "He died and we are throwing a pep rally to support him? It doesn't seem right." I said looking around at all the pictured of Jason people brought.

    "Yeah cause it's not right but nobody wants to hear that so nobody says it." He clarified.

    "Also I know it's a Riverdale thing I lived here my whole life until two years ago." I reminded him.

    "Oh yeah. Quick question I was friends with Archie since we were really little. Why did I never meet you or even see you at school or something?" He asked, honestly I am surprised this question didn't come up earlier.

    "I am an introvert... if you couldn't already tell."

    "Considering when we first talked you didn't say a word for like two minutes, yeah I could tell." He chuckled.

    "Well I didn't ever really have friends I spent a lot of time alone, and by a lot I mean all of it so I'm not surprised we never met." I then laughed at what I was about to say next. "Archie would tell me you were coming over and I would clear out as quick at possible"

    "Wow you have been shunning me since we were what?"

    "Eight" I chuckled. "To be fair your name is Jughead that's not normal."

    "I'm aware" He rolled his eyes. "What about school?"

    "I was home schooled for anxiety and stuff, I remember I was in 2nd grade when I started home school but in first grade I was picked on a lot so when I left Archie told everyone that was mean to me that I had moved to Alaska because to make them feel bad." I laughed and so did Jughead.

    "What did they say?" He said still laughing.

    "They told Archie that they felt bad for picking on me. Except Reggie and Chuck they said good riddence so Archie kicked them in the shins." I said casually.

    "Sounds like Archie." He said leaning against the bleachers.

    "Speak of the devil." I said as Archie jogged towards us. "I'm gonna go find Betty. Be nice" I said giving him a kiss on the cheek and then walking over to where the cheerleaders were stretching.

    "Oh hey (y/n)"  Betty said waving to me.

    "Hey Bets"

    "What's up?" She asked.

    "Nothing but Jughead and Archie are talking and I do not want to be in that cross fire." I chuckled.

    "Trust me I get it." She said looking at them. "What do you think they are talking about?"

    "Hopefully they are making amends"

    "Oh sorry (y/n) we gotta go. Pop's after?"

    "Yeah" I smiled before walking back to Jughead.

    "Me and Archie are good" He said.

    "Oh thank god" I sighed. "It has been impossible for me to play both sides."

    "Don't worry about it."He said wrapping his arm around me.

    We watched as Mayor Mccoy came on stage and gave speech about Jason Blossom and as the River Vixens and Josie and the Pussycats came on. We watched as the bulldogs came out and we watched as Cheryl ran away in tears.

    "I'll be right back" I sad to Jughead before sprinting off after Cheryl. "Cheryl?" I asked walking into the girls locker room behind Cheryl. "Cheryl what is it? What happened?" I asked trying to comfort her.

    "Jason. He's gone." She cried.

    "I know. I know he is." I told her.

    "No, you don't" She told me. "He was supposed to come back."

    "I know" I repeated before Ronnie came in too.

    "I'm alone." She cried.

    "You're not alone" Ronnie told her.

    "It's okay" I reassured.

_______

    "Can we make a vow?" Ronnie asked.

    "Sure" Betty said.

    "No matter what, no boy will ever come between us, deal?"

    "Deal" Betty and I said in unison before clinking our milkshakes.

    The bells on the the door rang and we all looked over to see Jughead and Archie together.

    "Do you guys wanna join us?" Betty asked.

    "Yes, but only if you're treating" Jughead said walking over towards us.

    "That's my boyfriend." I leaned over to whisper to Veronica.  She looked at me with wide eyes.

    "Veronica Lodge" She introduced herself.

    "Jughead Jones, the third." He said hoping over the back of the booth and sliding between me and Ronnie.

    "Jughead Jones, the third?" She repeated.

    "We don't question it." I said causing us all to laugh.

______

    "I just don't get why I had to dissect the frog." Jughead argued as we laughed at our seat. I was about to respond when Principal Weatherbee and Officer Keller walked in. I grabbed onto Jugheads upper arm and he put his hands over mine.

    "You're here for me, aren't you?" Cheryl said standing from her seat. "Because of the autopsy?"

"We don't need to do this in front of your classmates, Cheryl." Principal Weatherbee said to her.

"It's all right, Principal Weatherbee. They'll find out soon enough." Cheryl said holding out her wrists.

"Now, that won't be necessary." Weatherbee clarified.

"Wait, Cheryl, find out what?" Ronnie asked.

"That I'm guilty."

(A/n) Thank you all so much for 200 reads this is honestly unbelievable and I owe so much to you guys!!! I love you❤️ p.s I hope you guys like the new cover because I absolutely love it and spent so much time on it