Prologue

“We’re good, aren’t we? “ 

It sounded so uncertain, but in all honesty it was more like a plea. At that moment I was really wishing that everything was just a nightmare that if I force my eyes to open, then everything will be fine.

Though I can keep on cursing him in my mind, I can’t keep on shielding myself from what was happening. That was the first time I learned to accept defeat; no, maybe I already know how to accept defeat I just didn’t have the chance to exercise it.

I froze in front of him, trying my best to contain my emotions, trying to pick up the pieces of my broken heart without even bending my knees to reach each piece; for if I am to bend my knees to pick up the pieces, I would bend my knees for him and ask him to reconsider instead. I figured it was hopeless. I was mentally telling my heart’s pieces to go back and fit together.

It’s crazy. I've gone crazy.

I wonder how I am able to process these things all at the same time. The wonder of the human brain and the foolishness of the human heart may really be a bad combination. All I know is that it hurts.

I'm in pain. It's so painful I had to write it down.

 ---

This is my first submission, and I am nervous how this would turn out. Hahaha. Comments are very welcome. :)

~Cathyde11