Reason

Patricia's POV

Mara was cut off by two people barging in. "What?" Eddie screeched with his hands held up in astonishment. "Eavesdropping were you?" I say crossing my arms over my chest. "Well-I-I didn't-I mean-we weren't-" I cut off Eddies failed attempts at an explanation. "Stop." I place a hand up in front of his face whilst turning back to a nervous Mara. "So?" I prompt her to restart. "I don't know" She whispered.
I raise an eyebrow at her as if saying 'Cut the rubbish'.
"I don't know" she yells stepping towards me as I step back.
"Mara just tell us" Eddie says carefully. "I'm jealous, okay!"she yelled throwing her arms up in obvious frustration. "Of what?" Jerome asked with aggravation as he pulled a hand through his hair. "You know Mick hasn't kissed me in months" she paused "I mean he has hugged me and kissed me on the cheek and stuff but that's about it." She paused again "You know he doesn't even sleep in the same bed at home. Sometimes he stays in a hotel and I'm starting to think he just wants to be away from me." her voice was at breaking point as the building tears were threatening to fall. "I just wanted to know if he was the one." she finished. "The one?" I ask incredulously. "if I felt something more than friendship kissing Jerome then I would have known that Mick isn't my one" She explained as a salty tear made it's way down her cheek. "Did you? I mean feel more than friendship" Jerome asked slowly. She shook her head before she walked out, leaving me alone with Eddie and Jerome. "This is awkward so I'm gonna go" Jerome stated pointed towards the door. "Hi" I said awkwardly. I wasn't going to say anything but I couldn't just stand here and not talk to him. "Hey. I think I'm gonna go" He said turning himself towards the ugly door. I place a hand on his shoulder saying "Wait. I need to say something". Eddie turns back to me and try's to speak but me being me won't let him interrupt my apology. "Don't. I need to say this. I'm sorry, okay!" Im trying extremely hard to not yell at him in pure frustration. "Why are you sorry? Shouldn't I be sorry?" He seems genuinely confused. "No. I'm pretty sure I should be sorry" I laugh leaning back against the wall as he is inches in front. Slowly he manoeuvres his head closer to me so his lips are inches from mine. "I think it's me that should be sorry" He whispers. I can't believe that we are having a moment. "It's me" I manage to sort of mouth it. "Let's both be sorry." He murmured before pressing his lips to mine.
It was special.
It was magical.
It was something, anything, everything.
We were ripped apart by the slam of a door. Not just any door. It's this door.
I turn to the culprit, her brown hair in curls and her brown eyes filled with shock.