Chapter 1: Its Not Your Fault.

What started out as a normal day at the mystery fair turned into a battle for time. Dipper and Mabel are divided on how to use their new-found power of time travel. Dipper got his wish but it cost Mabel her pig. The two have chased each other through multiple events in time. From the future to the past, to their first adventure in Gravity Falls to the reveal of wax Stan. Suddenly the two have appeared in a new place. It looks like the woods of Gravity Falls but there is snow on the ground. The two are so distracted with their chase, they don't notice the shack behind them. Dipper then notices Mabel throwing the tape between her hands. "This thing is getting hotter" she yells. "What did you do" he replies. "I don't know" she says. The heat from the tape becomes too much for Mabel to bear. Before Dipper can stop her, she throws the tape into the snow. "Why did you do that" Dipper says. "It got too hot what did you want me to do" says Mabel. Dipper picks up the machine, smoke was coming out of it. Dipper presses the button but nothing happens. "Great, the machine is broken, there goes our way home" says Dipper. "What do we do now Dipper" says Mabel in a panicked way. Dipper looks around, a snowstorm has begun. "It looks like we might be in Gravity Falls from last winter, maybe if we go into town we could find some tools to try and fix the machine". The two begin to head into town, not noticing that right behind is the soon to be Mystery Shack.

The storm increases in intensity. Dipper and Mabel continue trekking through the woods. Everything looks so different to what they were used too. Combined with near white out conditions, they could barely see where they were going. To add insult to injury, the two of them were not dressed for this kind of weather. Even Mabel's sweater was not made for cold weather. "How long have we been walking for" asks Mabel. "I don't know an hour maybe; my watch is not working anymore" replies Dipper. He looks back at Mabel who is behind him. She was shivering, more then Dipper had ever seen her shiver. He spots a nearby tree. "Let's take a break for a bit" says Dipper. The two of them sit down next to the tree. Dipper sees Mabel is in a worse state then he is. He takes off his vest and wraps it around Mabel to keep her warm. He could bear the cold weather more then Mabel could. "Di- Dipper what about you, you- you'll freeze" says Mabel. "Don't worry about me Mabel, you know I can handle the cold better then you" he says. The two of them huddle together to keep warm. "Dipper, are- are we goanna mm- make it" asks Mabel. Dipper looks at her quite shocked. "Of course, we will come on we've dealt with worse right" he replies. However deep down even Dipper knew that was an exaggerated answer. He knew that they were on the brink of hypothermia and if they did not find shelter soon, they were goners.

"Dipper" whispers Mabel. "Mabel don't speak, save your energy" replies Dipper. "Dipper if this is then end, I just wanted to say, I'm sorry". "What, what do you mean Mabel" replies Dipper a bit shocked. "I'm sorry I got us into this. Its my fault the machine is broken, its my fault we are even in this mess at all. If I had not been so selfish and just let you be with Wendy we would not be here in the cold, possibly about to die" says Mabel. Dipper looks at her surprised. He can see Mabel trying to cry but the cold weather is making it impossible. The storm has increased in intensity and was covering them in snow. He looks down at Mabel like he is about to cry as well. "Its not your fault Mabel" he says. "If anyone needs to apologize its me. I'm the one who messed with time in the first place, I'm the one who would not accept the outcome, and now thanks to that, I broke your heart, and put both of us here in the mess. And now there is no way out, I- I, I'm sorry Mabel". Mabel looked up at her brother, he was on the brink of tears (in fact he soon began to cry). "Its ok Dipper, I guess were both at fault, I forgive you" says Mabel. Dipper looks down at her and smiles a bit. "Thanks Mabel, that means a lot, and I promise, if we get this machine to work again and make it back home, I won't get in your way and you can win Waddles, even if things don't work out with me and Wendy" Dipper replies. Mabel laughs a bit "thanks Dipper". The two look around the forest, the storm is at its worst.

The snow has covered their tracks and now is piling onto them. "Maybe we should try to carry on Mabel, sooner or later we'll find someone who can help us" Dipper says. He tries to get up, so does Mabel, but the effects of hypothermia have begun to take their toll. Dipper tries standing but is not able to stay up, Mabel tries to as well but falls right back down into the snow. "Dipper, I'm getting pretty tired now". "No Mabel you can't fall asleep, if you do...." but before Dipper can finish his sentence, he collapses, and starts to feel drowsy as well. "we- we can't fall asleep Mabel, or, or we, wont, make, it" Dipper barely finishes his sentence before he falls unconscious like Mabel next to him has. Just before he loses consciousness, he thinks he can hear the sound of footsteps in the distance, but he barely has any energy left to call for help.

A tall man in a winter suit dragging a sled approaches the tree where Dipper and Mabel lay. The hood over his head blocks his face. He sees the twins laying in the snow. He carefully picks them up and puts them onto his sled, covering them up in some blankets he had which he was using to cover firewood he was collecting. After making sure they were safe and well wrapped in the blankets, he starts heading back in the direction he came from, the direction Dipper and Mabel came from as well.

To be continued

Decode the Cipher

Code 2: WKLV JXB EHWWHU KDYH KRW FKRFRODWH, RU HOVH PDEHO'V JRQQD IOLS

http://themysteryofgravityfalls.com/