Chapter 16

Octavia's POV
I laid next to Vinyl and held her hand. She scooted closer to me and cuddled with me. "Do you know what the man looks like?" I asked. Vinyl shook her head. "No." She said holding me close to her. I smiled softly and kissed her forehead. "Don't worry, I'll make sure he's put behind bars." I said.

Vinyl smiled. "Thank you Tavi." She whispered. I smirked. "Tavi?" I said. Vinyl chuckled. "Yup." She said. I smiled and rolled my eyes. Vinyl smiled and yawned. "Goodnight." She whispered.

"Goodnight." I whispered as we fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up to the sound of rain hitting the window. I woke up and saw rain pouring down onto the ground. I walked up to the window and gasped when I saw the road covered in water. I walked into the bathroom and started the shower.

I took my clothes off and got in the shower. After the shower I put on a robe and walked in the room to get some clothes. When I walked in I saw Vinyl looking out the window. "Pretty crazy weather." I said opening my drawers and getting out some clothes.

Vinyl looked over and chuckled nervously. "Nice robe." She said. I blushed and went to the bathroom to change. After I saw Vinyl sitting on the bed. I walked over. "How are you feeling?" I asked quietly. Vinyl smiled and pulled me onto the bed.

"I'm better now that you're here." She whispered. I chuckled and kissed her cheek. She smiled and wrapped her arms around me. She kissed me and pulled me closer to her. I chuckled and kissed her back. I heard the door open and gasped when my dad walked in. Me and Vinyl both fell off the bed.

"Hi dad." I said. Dad looked at me. "Breakfast is ready." He said. He glanced over at Vinyl before leaving. Vinyl looked at me. We both got up and walked downstairs to the kitchen. We sat down and dad sat across from us.

"So, Vinyl?" He said looking at her. Vinyl nervously looked at him. "Yeah?" She asked. My dad sat up straight. "What are your hobbies?" He asked. Vinyl smiled proudly. "I going to be playing music at the school events and for some businesses." Vinyl said.

My dad raised an eyebrow. "What kind of music? What businesses?" He asked narrowing his eyes. Vinyl looked at me nervously. "I uhh. Play at uhh. Clubs." Vinyl said smiling awkwardly. Dad looked at her. "Clubs?" He asked. Vinyl nodded and I scooted closer to her. "Dad, leave her alone." I say holding her hand.

Dad looked at our entwined hands and opened his mouth to speak but stopped. "I got to go to work." He grumbled walking away. Vinyl looked down. "I feel like an idiot." She whispered. I hugged her. "You're not an idiot Vinyl." I said. She looked at me and kissed my cheek.

"What about school!" Vinyl said. I smiled. "School is cancelled today because of flooding. You're stuck here." I said picking her up. She laughed and I threw her onto the couch. I climbed on top of her and kissed her. She giggled and kissed back.

I stopped kissing her and looked at her neck. I placed my lips in her neck and she gasped. I kissed it softly and she moaned quietly. I kissed her neck harder and she froze. "Stop. Please stop." She said. I stopped and backed up. Vinyl looked down.

"I'm so sorry Octavia, it just reminds me of last night too much." She whispered. I nodded and got off the couch. "I'm sorry." I whispered. Vinyl got up and I saw tears begin to fall from her eyes. I walked over and wiped them away. "Thanks Tavi." She whispered.

Suddenly her phone rang. "Jonothan? What are you- what!" She screamed. Vinyl quickly grabbed her coat. I grabbed mine and followed her. "What's going on!" I asked. Vinyl looked at me. "My house is on fire." She yelled as we ran to her house.

Oh no! I wonder who set the house on fire...