First Day!!

JIMIN

When I first arrived here, I wasn't sure what to expect. I thought I would be ridiculed for my short height. I thought I could listen to music and ignore everyone. I thought would only have two friends: Tae and my future roommate.

I was wrong.

Wow, isn't that a first.

Maybe I should back up and explain a bit. I'm at this intensive summer arts camp in Seoul. I had to audition for my spot. When we're here, we work to improve our skills, even if even if one believed they had already reach their highest capability. Like they say, "There's always room for improvement!"

Some of the areas people come here to study, granted if they get in, of course, are: dance, vocals, rap, fashion/modeling, and acting.

Taetae is focusing on acting while he is here, but he is taking quite a few classes for fashion/modeling. The 'vocals' category is really confusing, but I'll try to explain it. One can take vocals just for singing, a mixture of both, or just rap. Whichever of the three they choose, they must audition for it. It is possible to audition for rap and singing but only get in for one. We also can't 'double major', but we are allowed to take classes outside our major.

I was the last person in my dorm to arrive. As I walked with my bags to find my room, I crossed paths with a (very handsome) boy who seemed to be looking for someone. I was too shy to ask where my room was, so I silently greeted him with a small bow, which he returned. I then picked up my pace as I wandered around for a bit, searching for my room. I did find it without help, which is something I'm very proud of.

Right when I walked through the dorm door, I was greeted by a boy who wore a huge smile and basically seemed like the embodiment of the sun. That was one of the few things I was correct about today. His name is Jung Hoseok. He is my hyung, as he has already insisted that I call him Hoseok hyung or his nickname, Hobi hyung. He was so friendly! He also said that I could call him Hope hyung, since J-Hope is his rap stage name. I read on the campsite that my hall-mates would have similar classes, and sure enough, Hobi hyung did! We all share the same dance classes, which take up a majority of our schedules, but I am taking vocal classes while he

is taking rap classes. Taetae is going to be in one of our dance classes since I signed up for a generic one. Eomma believed that exposure to different styles and groups would be good, and I guess Hobi Hyung thought the same thing! My hall-mates are all here for the dance program, but like Hyung and I, they are also doing other side classes. There are two more rooms in my hall, so there's a total of six in our hall! Jiminie can do math! Kekeke. Anyway, back to my hall-mates. I'm not very social, so I didn't think I could even make friends with all of the people in my hall by the end of three weeks. But thanks to Hobi hyung who is such a social butterfly, he introduced me to all of them since he has already become friends with all of them. On the wall of our floor-wide lounge (there are four halls on our floor), there are flyers that have colorful print on them, and while I was in too much of a rush to read any of them, I distinctly remember reading the word 'dances'. If they mean dances that play slow songs and where I can dance with someone special, then that would be nice. Although,that would also mean heartbreak, because I doubt there is anyone else from Busan. We would have to leave each other after three weeks.

Yah, Jimin! No more sad thoughts! I hope to have fun here!