Chapter 1: Trapped

"Trent! I'm home!" blurted out Tori, as she dismounted her bike. Trent dashed into the scene of the living room. "Good," he said "I'm starving!" Tori rolled her eyes, and smiled "Okay, Mr. Low-Patience." As soon as Tori put her groceries down, she unpacked them all and puts them away.

                            Tori then made her famous pasta with marinara, and the two siblings ate all the food. "Trent. Why aren't you eating." Trent glared at her. "Who said I had to?" Tori looked disappointed. "Look, bud. I know you miss Mom, and Dad, but in order for you to live, you need to stick with me, okay?" Trent sat their in silence, but nodded once. "Okay, I will Tori." Tori smirked as she was about to clean the dishes.

                             That night, when the lights were out, Tori was laying down with her face toward the ceiling. "Trent's really upset." she thought in her mind. "He will eventually have to deal with all this mess going around here." Tori, still resting from a long day at her work, she also thought about a new topic. "School starts tomorrow," she pondered, "I can't believe it's been a year since Mom was gone...I wonder why she didn't just swim up to the top of the pool. Why did she dissolve?" Tori was missing pieces to this puzzle. "Humans can't dissolve in water, that is scientifically impossible," she said to herself, "something fishy is going around this city, and I won't give up until I gain victorious."

                              The next morning, the first day of school rush hour. "Tori! Tori, wake up! It's time for school again! Oh, and your overslept again, silly!" Crap. Tori thought. "Yea, uhh Trent, just get a bowl of cereal today, I'll make eggs and bacon tomorrow, I swear. Trent smiled and said, "Okay, sleepy head!" Finally, Trent rushed out to get ready. Oh boy, my junior year in high school. Just great. Tori pondered. Without stopping, Tori got her quick breakfast, got into her normal t-shirt, and jeans, slumped her backpack on her back."This feels heavier than LAST year!" Tori remarked. "but at least I'm on time in the morning for a change." Tori took her last sip of orange juice, and headed out the door.

                                "Thank god they didn't board up that shortcut in the woods to school!" Tori prayed. See, when your in Nessmond High, you have to take the shortcut. Otherwise, you're caught walking one mile from your home. This shortcut isn't a free-ticket one, however. Each grade level had a different shortcut, for height, and maturity reasons. Junior students had the shortcut closest to the school, while the poor freshmans had the one farthest from Nessmond High. The only reason authorites almost boarded this whole woods up is because students were going deep into the woods, and smoking in the wildlife where deers, and rabbits roamed the area. This was hurting the economy, and animals really bad. Now, there is a barbed wire fence separating the wildlife, and the path. Tori, being lazy as she is, took the Junior shortcut, and was at school in less than five minutes.

                                  School felt like a breeze, except for finding your new classes in a new building, plus finding out what your peers are. You could tell the sluts, smokers, drug dealers and addicts, the preps, the jocks, the sweet guys, the goths, the cheerleaders, the nerds, and the normal, nice girls. Tori fitted in the nice girl section, which was a good thing. Anyway, as soon as she was coming home from school in the woods, a shadow pasted by her, and she fell behind her. "Ma'am! Are you okay?" screamed a man, preferbably a junior as well. The guy helped Tori up and picked up something else. "I think you dropped something." It was the necklace her mom gave her. "Thanks." Tori answered. Dead silence occured then. "So, you're a junior as well? Pleased to meet you the name is Spencer Fredericks."

                                    "Tori Michaels is my name." Tori said as she looked into the guy's eyes. His eyes were extraordinary. The finest hazel she had ever seen. "Oh yeah, I have heard a lot about you, Tori. Plus, I've seen you around here sometimes." Spencer smirked. There was a long silence. "So, you live in Clover Street right?"

                                      "Yea, why do you?" Tori asked the tall, pale, black haired guy. Spencer smiled and says. "Yes. I am actually in the house next to the tall, yellow one." Wait a second. Tori thought. My house is the tall and yellow one! He has got to be my neighbor! The two walked, the boy walking at an unusual pace.

                                        "Hey! Slow down, Speed Racer!" Tori yelled to Spencer, as they both laughed. They finally arrived at the house as they both stood by her door. "So, I guess I'll see you tomorrow, Tori." He walked away as Tori smiled at his footsteps. "He seems normal, well more normal than the bitches, and douchebags at this school." Tori then stepped into her house, to find an unusual sight.

                                          "Trenton Michaels! What in the world are you doing?" There were Twinkie wrappers and boxes all over the ground. "It's not my problem you are late! I am starving as usual and you do nothing but wait around in that stupid forest!" Tori frowned. "Oh, I see." Trent then looked sorrow. "Tori, you know I didn't mean it. I am just upset about mom and dad, and you know that. Like you said, we need to stick together, but my anger is getting to me. Don't take is seriously, ok?" He then smiled as he hugged Tori. Tori smiled and said "Well, Twinkie Kid, I guess no lasanga for you. I can wrap the leftovers up for tomorrow okay? Oh, and no more Twinkies for you, mister!" They both laughed, as Tori left to cook something in the kitchen.

                                           He had another outburst. Tori thought. She gazed at the stars out her window, like she always does on a school night to help her sleep, finding constellations. She has found the Big Dipper at least 5 times this year. Just then, a light, glowing white figure was flying towards the sky, blocking the stars, but flew away at mach speed before Tori could take a good look at it. "What was that?" Tori said to herself. "It has to be an alien, or a vampire! It has to be a vampire for sure, because aliens are green, right? Whatever, I'm just gonna go to bed." The only problem was she was trapped in her own world again.