Chapter 2: Unusual Apperances

Some say they are ghosts. Some say they're aliens. This sight, however fascinated Tori's eyes. There was a man, circled in a white light, flying in the sky at the speed of light. Something she has never seen! Tori, being a sky watcher has her personal hobby, records the man into a drawing with a shocking description: "A peculiar man, with shooting red eyes, only glowing a millisecond, grinding the stars at the speed of light." Tori, reading her own perspective, didn't even believe herself! However, maybe she wasn't the only one who saw it. Maybe the nice Spencer guy say it. Who knows? Maybe Spencer is a sky watcher as well. Ignoring her other possibilities, she finally shut her eyes, and fell to a peaceful sleep.

                                    The next blazing hot morning, Tori finally got up on time to make her brother a beautiful buffet of eggs and bacon. Tori, being picky, didn't eat breakfast, to walk with Spencer. "I'm going now Trent! Don't get in trouble this time, okay buddy?" Trent nodded, digging into the eggs and bacon. Tori snickered, and walked out the door. There, she saw Spencer already going into the shortcut. "Spencer! Wait, Spencer! Over here, it's me, Tori!" she started waving. Spencer smirked, and stopped his incredibly fast pacing to let Tori catch up.

                                       "I thought you would never wake up, Tori." Spencer smirked. Tori did a flirty shove to Spencer, still laughing. "Shut up!" Tori said in a flirty way. "it's not my problem my brother tires me out!" Spencer laughed at her comment. The rest of the way was nothing but school talk as they walked, until they walked in. "So, Tori. Do you have any other friends at this school?" Spencer asked. Tori looked down smirking slightly "Not really. Everyone think I'm a shy nobody, so now I barley have anyone to support me."

                                         Spencer smiled. "Well now, you have a number one fan!" They both giggled at this joke. "Wow, no one has ever talked to me this much in years! I feel so special." Spencer smiled. "This may sound cheesy, but my mom always says to respect a woman the same respect you would like. Especially if they are awesome." Spencer said. Tori smiled and said, "Thanks, Spencer. I really appreciate that." Tori said with her smile.

                                          Have you ever heard of the phrase "Another day, another dollar?" Well, for Tori her motto is "Another day, Another day of drama." This motto happened to her today, almost making her self critically hurt possibly. You see, the biggest drama queen in school's name is Lyssa. This girl has a little posse, their names being Amber and Lexi. Tori, talking to Spencer as they moved to their fourth period class they had together, bumped into Lyssa. "Well, well. It looks like Little Miss Shadow has a deep and dark boyfriend, another shadow!" Amber and Lexi burst into their snotty laughter. Tori, usually ignoring them, stood up for once. "You know what Lyssa? I am sick and tired of your constant bickering and teasing that it's making a huge influence to this school. Do you know that the influence is? The influence is making our school filled with snobby bitches like you!"

                                           Everyone in the hallway was saying "Oooooooo!" and clearing the hallway. Lyssa sneered at Tori and said "I'm sorry, did you her something? I'm pretty sure shadows don't speak English." Tori looked up at her and said "I thought fat pigs couldn't speak English either until I met you." Everyone was cheering Tori on. Lyssa gasped "Okay, Shadow. Want to fight?" Then, a war broke lose! Tori was throwing slaps at Lyssa, and Lyssa was hitting her with her schoolbag. The fight ended when Tori was about to punch Lyssa, but Amber and Lexi pulled Tori back. Then, everyone was back into the hallways, not saying a word to the staff. Spencer, being the only one not freaked out, caught up to Tori. "Your fighting technique was impressive." Spencer remarked. Tori chuckled and said "Thanks, before my mom and dad died, I took karate and learned some self defense, and I passed it down to my brother." Spencer looked sad. "Wait, your the parent of the house? It's just you and your brother?" Tori fell silent. "Yea, just me and my little brother. Why?" Spencer looked down looking into Tori's beautiful eyes. "I'm all alone in my house, no siblings, no parents. It's just me, myself, and I." Tori felt really bad for Spencer, and had an idea.

                                             "You said you were alone, right? Well, maybe you can stay at our place! You may be part of the family to Trent. He would love to have a big brother!" They both laughed. "Sounds great," Spencer said, "mind if I move in tonight?" Tori's eyes filled with glee. "Totally! I'll just clean up the house and-" The bell interrupted them. Spencer said "Let's go to class." Tori nodded as they headed out the door to fourth period.

                                                How was I so stupid? Tori asked herself as she was walking home with Spencer after a tiring day of boring classwork. Spencer took a glance at her. "You seem determined. Is everything alright, Tori?" Spencer asked her. Tori nodded, added a quick smile and said. "I'm perfect. Nothing to worry about, I promise." Spencer did a nod, but knew right away nothing was right. Besides the fact that Tori got into a hideous fight with Lyssa, the day was the same, with boring teachers, and lame students. At least Spencer was there to cheer her up, for a change.

                                                 Either I am going crazy, Tori thought, or is Spencer suddenly having my attention. You may not believe this, but Tori, a nobody with no friends, would have her first crush, at the age of sixteen! As these two walked home, Spencer asked her another shocking question. "Hey, my mom was, and still is, a babysitter, so maybe we can go somewhere just to be alone, you know, with out any bitches on our tail ends." Spencer and Tori laughed, and she answered "I would love to." As soon as she got home, Tori told Trent the exciting news. "Trent!" Tori shouted, "I am home!" Then, she found the strangest thing she has ever seen, Trent was crying.

                                                  Trent was growing excessive amounts of hair on his arms, legs, and his own head! "Tori! Thank goodness you are here! I am turning into a monster!" He cried and continued his story about who, when, where, why, what, and how this whole commotion started.