❧ twenty - six

haewon kicked her door open, "speeches are today." it seems the opposite daniel who used to have sleeping problems is sleeping yknow yknow well and here haewon is sleep deprived and only living on energy drinks.

"you look slightly worse but not a lot." jihoon chuckled "concealer." haewon shrugged. "are you asking daniel to watch your speech?" woojin walks next to her as they descend the stairs.

"do it do it!" daehwi walks behind them.

haewon smiles softly, it wouldn't hurt.

she walked into the kitchen and saw daniel staring at the fridge, it's not even open it is literally the fridge doors.

"hey." haewon smiled walking near him, he looked up and smiled at her. his eyes twinkling as usual.

"I have this thing, at school." haewon looked down.

"what thing?" he asked .

"a uh, a speech." she said softly.

"for the council?" daniel asked.

"yeah." she chuckled, the situation was awkward.

"oh, OH yes yes yes I'll be there I'll absolutely be there. yes yes you can can count me on yes." Daniel says holding her shoulders.

haewon smiled and nodded as he bid her goodbye.

somehow, she felt confident. speaking in public was plain and easy, keep a confident smile, make eye contact, and don't let your voice waver. it was easy, she was taught when she was younger.

how to mask an emotion how to see people mask their emotions.

"yo." juyeon slid next to her, "speeches are today~~" juyeon teased and haewon shrugged. "oh come on, don't you want to win against ahyoon?" juyeon asked.

"of course I want to beat her ugly ass, but I've got a life juyeon." haewon side eyed haewon who lifted her arms up in defense.

"well, I'm rooting for you son haewon." juyeon raised her fists.

"ahah, okay."

"are you okay?" jihoon jogged up to haewon, "yeah yeah." she smiled. "jisung's here." jihoon smiled. haewon's heart began to speed up, that generally refers to Daniel. jihoon grinned at haewon's smile.

"well good luck." he patted her shoulder.

disclaimer, I have been in a student council but I am not writing a speech because I just don't have time and i just don't want to lmao.

haewon stepped up to the podium and glanced over at the crowd of students, easy. she never had trouble speaking in front of crowds so this was a breeze.

as she glanced up at the crowd haewon quickly searched for him. she would glance up frequently and look for a familiar smile a familiar gaze.

yet she came up short, she couldn't find him.

the response for ahyoon was pretty neutral. the response for haewon was quite better because of her dry humor and clever jokes as well as her smart use of sarcasm.

the result of haewon sitting on her bed and throwing disses at everything that would come to mind.

"you did well!" jisung said, haewon smiled.

he is such a mom.

haewon searched and searched and again, couldn't find him.

he probably forgot.

"haewon-ssi!" haknyeon skipped up to her, "how was my speech? I liked your's !" he said haewon smiled softly hiding the faint pain in her chest.

"your speech was great!"

haknyeon's eyes lit up once again and he smashed in her in a hug. haewon chuckled softly and patted his back.

"hey hey hey!" haewon walked through the door to meet Daniel, she felt anger rise throughout her body.

"how was your day?" he smiled fixing his collar that still managed to show his slightly fading hickey.

haewon kicked her shoes off.

"haewon, answer me." she turned away from him and charge towards the stairs. "haewon!" Daniel shouted and she froze.

"my day was great, I'm pretty sure yours was better." she said and took a swift turn to climb the stairs.

"what did I do?" Daniel groaned.

"what did you do?" guanlin asked.

"well he obviously did something, duh." jaehwan said.

"uh, not the time." minhyun shoved jaehwan and jaehwan nodded.

"speeches were today, ya idiot." seongwoo said and Daniel froze. "shit, I was busy." Daniel groans. "do you think she hates me?" he asks

"uh more than she already does? debatable." woojin says.

"this is work woojin." Daniel says.

"have you ever tried negotiating?" sungwoon asks.

"yes, yes I have! it should be nothing anyway. it's not like we have anything between us." Daniel said running his hand through his hair.

"idiot." guanlin shook his head.

"guanlin, don't use your Chinese on him." sungwoon patted guanine's shoulder.

"what did he say?" Daniel asked, guanlin just smiled at him.

"he's so aggravating!" haewon said and began to pace again. "I should really stop pacing, I have homework." she said still pacing.

she sat on her bed and opened her computer.

"one message." haewon furrows her brows.

"be my friend son haewon!"

so many messages all of them talking about things like that. it kind of scared her.

"I can see you?" she read, a message that was sent right now. haewon screamed and covered her mouth and slammed the laptop closed.

"creepy." she whispered as her door busted open. "ah, kang daniel-ssi." she waves. "what happened?" daniel looked around her room searching for anything wrong.

"j-j-just a bug!" she smiled

"you stuttered." daniel says opening her balcony door. "what if I wanted to stutter? can you stop?" she asks. daniel turned around abruptly and haewon fell into his arms as she was walking still.

"very funny." haewon said but daniel kept his grip close.

"I wasn't laughing." daniel rested his head on haewon's. haewon's eyes wandered, the warmth was nice it was well warm.

and so she stayed in his arms.

what did I do? I don't know. SCHOOL SUCKS and Im getting sick. Im cry. -rin
Update: 8/27/17, THIS BOOK IS AT 18K and at 420 comments what a time to be alive