ampersand 0.0

"He left her with the gratitude of a memory that wasn't hers to keep," the woman read from behind her desk, a sceptical frown engraving her forehead.

She looked up, the little translucent blue glasses balancing on her nose like they were performing a circus act right under her eyes and she couldn't see. She was an ignorant woman Alana saw in advance, she wouldn't understand. "I like it Miss Davidson, I really do."

"But." the mentioned girl noticed apprehendingly, her steel blue eyes looking straight at the woman on her black chair.

She sighed. "I don't understand why you used yourself as the main character. You can't develop a character when it is yourself. This is just all twisted, my dear. The idea of making yourself into fiction doesn't seem right. Come back when Ashton falls in love with a girl who isn't you." She threw the manuscript at the auburn-haired girl in front of her, she wanted to see the warrior cry. But that girl was already long gone.

"I'll never fall in love with anyone but you," he whispered in her ear, soft and cautious. His lips touched her ear. It was his beating heart inside a touch, she was the blood that coursed through his veins. She was inside of his head in every way.

But he was inside of hers in more ways than that.