Chapter 5

"Alexandre! Alexandre! Wait!" Lafayette called, trying to keep up with the prince's long strides, which was next to impossible.

"Son please. The boy is going to be staying with us for quite some time. Should we not offer him somewhere more comfortable to live?" Washington said, trying to talk some sense into Alexander, which was also almost impossible. The prince growled and sped up, leaving the two house objects behind.

"Alexander! Is it true that there is a man in the castle?" Peggy a feather duster asked, zooming up to Hamilton. The beast scowled at her, but said nothing. He stopped walking for a minute, which allowed Lafayette and Washington to catch up.

"Peggy! Bonjour! And yes, there is a man in the château." Lafayette said cheerfully. Peggy let out an excited squeal and did a twirl.

"Oh my god!! I was right! Now I can go prove Eliza wrong! Where is the boy?" She asked, her eyes lit up.

"You will not visit him!!" Alexander roared, before stalking away. Lafayette sighed and shook his head.

"At his rate, Alexandre will never get Monsieur Burr to love him!" He cried dramatically. Washington gave him a strange look.

"We never established that Mr Burr is the one who will break this curse!" He said, his eyes wide.

"But of course Monsieur Washington! Il est très évident! Tu as vu comment Alexandre a lui regarder! Et Monsieur Burr est très beau! Il n'y a personne d'autre!" Lafayette said. Washington stared at him blankly, for he did not understand french. Lafayette had a bad habit of speaking his native language whenever he got nervous or very excited.

"Lafayette. English." Peggy giggled. Lafayette would've flushed bright red if he were in his normal form.

"I apologize. I did not realize." Lafayette said sheepishly. Washington sighed and shook his head in slight disbelief.

"Repeat what you just said. In English this time." He said and Lafayette chuckled.

"Of course sir. I said, it is very obvious! You saw how Alexander looked at him. And Monsieur Burr is very handsome! There is no other person!" Lafayette repeated. Washington frowned.

"While I agree that Mr Burr is very handsome, I hardly believe that he will be the one." He said.

"But Monsieur Washington! Did you not see how Alexandre looked at him? It was obviously love at first sight!" Lafayette said swooning slightly.

"Mr Burr is an attractive young man. I would be worried if Alexander was not slightly attracted to him." Washington reasoned.

"Washington! Stop ruining Lafayette's hopes with logic!!" Peggy whined.

"It's better to be logical than to get your hopes up only for them to be ruined." Washington said tiredly. They all fell silent and looked to where Alexander had gone to. They could pray that the two men fell in love, no mater how unlikely it was.

---

Meanwhile, Aaron was curled up on the floor of his cell. His eyes burned with the effort of trying not to cry and his cheeks were wet from the couple of tears that had escaped. His back hurt from being curled up for so long, but he couldn't bring himself to care. 

He missed his sister and his books. He missed Montgomery's kind smile and the rustic smell of his bookstore. Hell, he was even starting to miss George and his annoying attempts for his affections. 

Just thinking about his town made Aaron hiccup. Overwhelming sadness washed over him and suddenly he couldn't hold back his tears. He lifted his hands up and tried to wipe away his tears. He sniffled softly.