e l e v e n

I entered the classroom, awkwardly walking behind Zack and his friends.
"Alright class, before we begin..."
I bet she's gonna move us.
''I'll be making some slight arrangements to the seating plan. You'll be sat next to one person, and that person will be your partner for any projects or things or that manner. I figured this is the best way to keep things simple and a perfect opportunity for everyone to make friends!"
The whole class stared at Miss, annoyed. I fucking called it.
.
.
.
"...And Joe. You'll be with..."
part of me hoped it would be Zack, part of me hoped it wouldn't be. Then again, it wouldn't make a difference, it's not like anyone would want to go with me.
"...Zack."
Great. Great? I wasn't sure how to feel. All I know is it'll probably be like hell for me.

Zack awkwardly sat next to me, Charlie turned around, giving him a sympathetic smile.
"Sorry dude" Charlie whispered to Zack.
All Zack did was smile awkwardly, and sighed. This probably made Charlie, and everyone, hate me even more now.
----------------------------------------------
Class mainly just consisted of me thinking. About Zack. I really did like him, and that was a problem. Because I know that liking the most popular guy in school is a bad idea. But my heart still told me otherwise.

That's when I noticed, in the corner of my eye, Charlie glaring at me, angrily. That's when I also noticed I was staring at Zack, who didn't appear to notice me, but he probably was just trying to ignore me. I shook my head and looked over to Charlie, who mouthed something at me. I'm pretty sure it went along the lines of "fuck you". But one thing I knew for certain is,  I'll be done for after this lesson.