New Specimen

I never knew I'd ever actually fall in love with someone. It's so shocking to finally find someone who's feelings are mutual and actually feeling someone's hand against yours, their lips, just their body. Their touch. It's a new wave of happiness almost: something you'll never expect, or regret. Or at least, me, Keith Kogane, has yet to.

**

I moved schools a lot and I've met a lot of people. Not exactly saying I've never made friends during my short times here and there, but let's just say I have more people on my bad side than good. But I get it. No one wants to talk to the loner emo kid who sits in the back.

My 26 year old brother, Shiro, found a new job, because he can't keep his old ones, so we've moved. Again. He keeps running out of places to go and I keep running out of things to fuck up. Our house kept getting egged and the windows smashed through because some kids somehow found out I was gay? Or fucking whatever. It's all dumb.

When I get there, I get there about 20 minutes late and look like a total disappointment  (not like new kids don't look like that anyway) and tried to sneakily walk into my first class: some sort of science class that studies space that I can't remember the name of. Taking a deep breath, I take one step inside the classroom and everyone whips their head at me all at once, in a strange, fluid motion. I didn't exactly mind due to having this exact problem at every other school I've been to. What can I say? I'm lazy and I don't have any motivation whatsoever.

God.

I need to definitely take my depression meds.

The teacher began to roar at me almost instantly, but something caught my eye.

Something.

Someone.

Or just a god?

My contacts for a second fucks my vision up before I blind repeatedly, stare in the same direction as before bef-

...holy

Shit.

....holy shit.

"....MR. KOGANE? ARE YOU EVEN REMOTELY LISTENING TO WHAT I HAVE SAID TO YOU? TAKE A SEAT!"

I dance almost out of my gaze from jumping so hard before kind of sheepishly making my way to the only empty seat.

Which is next to a hot boy.

Take that back.

A really hot boy.

He's at least 17, with his sun-kissed skin, soft brown hair with a touch of blond, and...has his arm around a girl. However, I couldn't help but notice his eyes doing a sort of scan thing all down my front.

"Name: Keith Kogane. Hair: Mullet," this kid kind of mutters out loud, giving a drawn-out whistle.

"....dude, that's gonna be no bueno que las chicas."

The girl he has his arm around gives a little chuckle with her hand over mouth - I'm guessing to impress him or something - and gives me a sneer. I don't let him get any satisfaction and plop myself right next to him, tuning out the lesson.

"...hey, buddy. Buddy. Mullet. Heyyy! I'm talking to you!" He whines pathetically, pouting at me with his velvet soft pink lips.

I decide to ignore him again, even though my nerves are on fire.

The kid obviously can't stand someone not giving him attention for two seconds, so he grabs my arm and tugs me, making me yelp at an embarrassingly high pitch before falling out of my chair. Aaaaaaaand go figure, the entire class is howling with laughing.

I kind of hit my head hard off of the floor, bouncing it a bit, and the first thing I see after my vision finally clears the fuck up is this kids face. And fuck, I never knew it was possible for someone to be so cute that you can't even be mad. He's doing that pouty thing again and I can feel it already driving me mad.

My hearing is a bit fucked up at the moment, but I can see his mouth moving. All that's coming out is beepin....wait.

Fuck, is that my alarm clock?

Once I realize this isn't real, I scramble out of bed, hit the floor (this time in this reality) yank my alarm with me, and smash that mother-fuckin snooze button.

Damn.

This was just my imagination.

But damn.

I must have a good imagination.