3

2 Years Later
Sienna

"Yari! What the fuck!" She laughed, water getting into her eyes. Yari was clutching her stomach with the bucket dropped beside her. She gives a pointed look to Cole, who was hiding behind a tree. "Payback, baby!" He was grinning wide.

Sienna's silky black floor-length dress was completely soaked and her hair was dripping. "Just because I didn't let you pay for the damn dress, Colton?" Her wet hair sticking to her face. He came out from behind the tree and gave Sienna a big hug from behind, picking her up slightly.

"My parents give me a lot of spending money, Si." She rolls her eyes at him. "And buying things for me makes you happy, I know," she finished for him.

"You know, whenever you talk about having extra money you sound like a conceited asshole," Now realizing that Yari was so close to them, Sienna pulled away from him. Cole laughed with Yari whilst trying to pull Sienna back into a hug. "I get that a lot but I figured if I keep it straight to the point they'd understand but it's just Sienna who doesn't get it."

They continued to sit and talk, waiting for Ian to pick them up. "You're lucky, your dad fell in love with Cole as soon as he met him. He didn't even know who he was or the power he had!" She was completely right, Cole hid his mark from them for the whole semester so, no one knew he was a prince.

"I was incredibly sheltered from the outside world," Cole brought their intertwined hands into his lap. "The only picture the rest of the world has ever seen of you is the one from the day you were born." It was clear that no one would recognize him but still, his family enrolled him here to hide him from everyone.

He smiled a boyish smile, "It just goes to show how charming I really am, I mean I got her and her dad to fall in love with me in the span of a year." They all laughed, the set of best friends conversed for so long that Sienna was now completely dry. All of them lost track of time, forgetting their surroundings until they were cut off by someone calling for her. "Sienna! You're gonna get your ass kicked if you aren't here this second." she turned to see that it was Ian, the headmaster's son.

He stood with Michael Gillies a man she had met from the Council of Elders, both looking furious. "Yari is going with Ian, you two come with me," Yari grabbed her bag and swung it over her shoulder as she skipped to Ian. Cole grabbed Sienna's bag before she could even reach it. The two hand-in-hand passed Yari and Ian as she planted a kiss on his cheek, Ian's face turns crimson and he mutters about not being intimate in front of kids from the school.

"You were rejected by your mate and you never told us? He fucking rejected you for the gamma's daughter?" Shock flooded her, this cannot be happening. "This calls for a trial, Sienna." They were never meant to find out. All of them piled into the car and she slumped back into the seat.

Sienna was petrified, how in the living hell did they figure this out?

Cole wrapped his arm around her shoulders and leaned her against him, "Rest, we can deal with this later." She closed her tired eyes, snuggling deeper into his chest before falling asleep.

When she woke up they were still in the car, she looked out the window and spotted the pack church. Her mind wandered to the trial and how it was going to go. This was a lot of extra work, she's happy and moved on, what more could she ask for?

The car ride was toxically silent but when Mr Gillies slammed the door and started to march up the porch steps, Sienna's heart began to race. "Mr Gillies! Please, let's be rational about this," Both Cole and her raced out of the car to catch up with him.

Nobody answered the door for a while but she felt a rush of wind and the door swung open, indicating that Ian and his telekinetic greatness had arrived. Her sarcasm almost made her giggle out loud at this very inappropriate time.

'He's dead meat, Sienna," Ian growled as he walked past her.

He was already calling for Rowan when they actually made it through the front door. Footsteps vibrated the house as the pack started to come downstairs. "Mr. Gillies! How are you doing?" Alpha Gordon greeted with Rowan following behind. He surprisingly did not notice her scent at all. Mr. Gillies didn't reply until the two made it to the last step.

"It's Sir Michael Gillies to you and your son, Alpha Gordon. That despicable son of yours has committed treason."

Both Heaths looked confused, they had no clue what was going on, in fact, the pack —that had gathered around them— was confused. Her body cringes at the thought of the unwanted attention that was to come with this whole situation. And as if on cue, Cole places his arm around her protectively.

Gillies takes a step to the side, exposing her to the whole pack. Sienna leans in even closer to Cole, as his arm tightened around her. "Your son rejected Beta Sienna Carpenter for a Gamma," He was seething.

She closed her eyes to contain her angered wolf that was furious about how he belittled her like that. When she opened her eyes, she noticed Rowan staring at her. Adoration clear in his eyes, there was also hints of sadness.

Who was this guy holding his mate? Rowan wanted to go over and take her away from the pup but he knew that he had no right, he had rejected her long ago. It was him who had told her to moved on. The loud whimpers of his wolf were hard to hear over. "Is this true, Rowan?" Gordon's voice was strong, Rowan nodded his head at a loss for words.

Gordon's voice stuttered as he apologized feverishly to the beta's daughter. Although Rowan was alpha and his title meant that he knew everything about his pack, there was one thing his father had always kept from him.

"Rowan Heath is on trial for rejecting Sienna Carpenter, an elemental and Elder's daughter for a gamma's daughter."

That was when Sienna finally spoke up. "Elder's daughter?" Everyone was confused, everyone but Alpha Gordon, her father, and Michael.