Chapter 3: Burrito

Hi there. So... xD I apologize for forgetting about this book. My passion has been writing Quiet & Riot but I'll try to give this book some more love as well. 

Thank you for reading my stories. <3

–Queen

--

Hour 1-

Mitch wakes up to the sound of Scott laughing beside him. He rolls his eyes because of course Scott would make friends with everyone sitting around them. He was so charming and compelling that everyone always wanted to talk to him. 

The flight was going to be a long one, so nobody was really trying to sleep yet. The more Mitch woke up the more he could smell the aroma of breakfast being served, so he frowned because he had slept while everyone else ordered and ate. 

"Oh, Mitch. Hey." Scott says, noticing Mitch come to. 

"Hey." Mitch squeaks, yawning. 

"Sorry I woke you. Did you want breakfast? I ordered you a breakfast burrito thing when the flight attendant came over, but I actually don't think it's gluten free so now I feel dumb."

Mitch shrugs. "You're forgiven." 

Scott grins, handing Mitch the burrito. "Order up."

Scott catches Mitch's lips curl into the tiniest hint of a content smile as he unpeels his burrito, which makes him feel accomplished from ordering for him. 

It was a smile that probably nobody else would notice, but Scott knew Mitch's facial features so well. They were around each other 24/7, afterall. 

--

Avi was reading the safety manuel as Kevin sat beside him, working on a new music project from his laptop. 

Kevin pulled his earbud out of his ear, staring at Avi incredulously.

"Bro, what are you doing?!" He chuckles. 

"Gotta be safe," Avi replies, not even sharing so much as a glance at Kevin. "did you know that oxygen masks are supposed to go over both the nose and mouth?"

Kevin just blinks at him. "Um... yes. Hey, so have you never sat at an emergency exit seat before? Because it's not that big of a deal. The chances of this plane crashing are 1 in a million."

"Hey, you don't get to talk to me like that just because you went to Yale." Avi sasses. 

--

Carissa and Michael watch a movie together on their ipad as most of the cabin begins to settle down after eating breakfast. 

Michael suddenly pauses the movie. "Hey, babe?"

"What's wrong?" Carissa asks, concerned. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm okay. Just, I was thinking... What if you get too worn out and tired on this tour? I mean, we've got like 6 shows in a row before our first break and we haven't tried touring ever since... y'know."

Carissa laughs, rolling her eyes. "Being pregnant is not going to stop me from making music, or performing for that matter. I've already told you that you don't need to worry about me like that. It's sweet, but I've got this."

"No, you're not listening to what I'm saying though, baby. You're the strongest woman I've ever met. I'm just saying that, what if you get worn out? What will we do?"

"I won't get worn out." She says simply, placing a peck on Michael's cheek. "Now, unpause the movie." 

--

Nicole and Kirstie laugh over a story that one of the flight attendants told them about this one time that somebody got really drunk on a 10-hour flight. 

"I could use another mimosa, though. I just didn't have it in me to ask after hearing that story. " Kirstie says to Nicole as the flight attendant goes to another aisle. 

"Whoo, same girl. I have been crazy busy all year and jump at any chance I get to just sit back and enjoy a drink. Do you want to know what I did last week? I went on tour 5 days in a row, giving workshops and doing makeup for 600 people per show. It was crazy, but Jeffree was there too and we-"

Just then, mid-way Nicole's story, Kirstie receive a text message and quickly pulls up her phone to respond. 

Nicole stops speaking and just watches Kirstie's fingers fly across her screen.  

"That seems urgent." She comments, kind of annoyed that Kirstie wasn't paying attention to her.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" Kirstie apologizes quickly. "It's just really important. And stressful..."

"What's wrong, babydoll?" Nicole asks, suddenly sensing Kirstie's sadness. "Are you crying?"

"No, but if you make me talk about it I will..."

"You don't have to talk about it, and I would never make you. But you should, and you can tell me anything. I'm your friend." Nicole says genuinely. "This may not be the case for you, but being able to talk to somebody always helps me feel better."

"Okay, well. I guess I'll tell you then..."

--

"How was breakfast?" Scott asks once Mitch has finished up.

"It was delicious, thank you so much." Mitch says, finally looking away from the window to look at Scott. 

"Are you tired, baby?" Mitch asks, a simple glance at Scott informing him that was indeed tired.

"Yeah, I can't sleep though." He responds with a small yawn.

"Why not? we literally only got a few hours of sleep last night and I know you're exhausted."

"I mean, I want to sleep. I just... can't. I don't know. I..." Scott stutters. 

"I want to make sure you fall asleep first." He finally admits after Mitch send him a worried look.

"Don't be a dummy." Mitch scoffs. "Go to sleep. Now, Hoying." 

"Okay dad." Scott replies sarcastically. 

"Ummm that's "mom" to you, thanks." Mitch corrects him.

"Will you try and go to sleep too?" Scott asks, using the voice that he knew Mitch would definitely give in to.   

"You're so annoying." Mitch sighs, closing the window cover and placing a hand on Scotts knee as he closed his eyes. 

Scott's lips curl into a smile and he quickly places his own hand on top of Mitch's. "I love you too."

--