Chapter 4: Intoxicated

Hour 2-

As soon as Mitch noticed Scott drift off to sleep, he could finally stop pretending to be resting. He gently pulled his hand out of Scott's grip and sighed, looking over to Kirstie. "Hey, Kirst?" 

"Oh! You're awake," she responded. "What's up?"

"Whatcha drinking?" He asked with a smirk on his face.

She giggles. "Want to try? It's just a mimosa." 

"That's okay, you enjoy it. But I think I'm going to order one for myself."

"Good idea, it would probably help you calm down and actually get some rest." Nicole teases from beside Kirstie.  

Mitch scoffs.

"What?" Nicole questions. "You are the worst actor and it was so obvious that you were faking it. I can't believe Scott didn't notice when he knows you better than like, your whole contact list combined." 

Kirstie chimes in. "True."

Mitch rolls his eyes. "Whatever. Y'all are making the idea of a Mimosa even more appetizing right about now."

--

Avi had fallen asleep at some point during the second hour of the flight, and his head ended up resting peacefully onto Kevin's shoulder. Although this made Kevin very uncomfortable, he would never disturb Avi's slumber and decided to just bear through it for a bit.

Of course, he regretted this decision immensely when Carissa walked by their aisle to use the bathroom. 

"Awww," she cooed, stopping dead in her tracks. "Wait a sec."

She makes her way back to the direction of her seat, returning after about 7 seconds with her phone in hand. 

"Really?" Kevin asks in disproval, but he still bursts into a fit of laughter. 

Carissa joins in and Avi's entire upper body immediately springs up. 

"God, you're so loud Kevin."

This just makes Kevin laugh even louder.

"What's so funny?" Avi questions. 

-- 

 Meanwhile, Mitch had just ordered a third Mimosa when Scott's kneck ended up in an uncomfortable position, which caused him to stir awake. 

"Ow." is all he muttered, reaching a hand up to massage the sore area around above his shoulderblade. 

"What happened?" Mitch asked softly. "You okay?"

Scott saw the look of concern on his face and smiled. "I love it when you worry about me."

Mitch rolled his eyes a little. "Seriously, hunny. Are you okay? Do you want my pillow?"

"No," Scott responded quickly. "I want you to be comfortab– hey, wait! You're drinking without me?!" 

Now it was Mitch's turn to smile at Scott's facial expression. "You seem offended." was his only response.

"Yeah? Well, you seem intoxicated." Scott bit back at him.

"Do I? You should join me, then. We could have so much fun together." Mitch says in a jokingly-suggestive tone, biting his lower lip.

Scott stares at his mouth for a second before clearing his throat. "Shut up. I actually could use a drink, though."

Just then, the stewardess returns with Mitch's order, but Scott grabs it as soon as it's set down, chugging the beverage in about 10 seconds. 

"I'm actually so impressed right now." says Kirstie.

"Rude, you stole my drink." Mitch pouts.

Scott just giggles. "I'm glad you seem to be feeling more yourself again. Must be from the drinks, but your sass is coming back in all of its glory. Here," he places a peck on Mitch's cheek. "do you forgive me now?"

Mitch tries hard not to crack a smile, and while anyone else would have thought he was successful in his attempt, Scott was able to catch the faintest hint of a small smile. And of course, that made him feel successful. 

Mitch could tell that he noticed, and this annoyed him even more. "I don't like you."

"I know," Scott grins. "you fucking love me."

--