Clark Martin Meets T.J.

Hello Demigods and Mortals and Einherjar! Welcome back to the lastest installment of MM:MC! Wow, fast updates. (Reader: no it's-) Hush child and enjoy this lil thing.  (Also slow updates I hate myself)

Spoilers for Ship of The Dead!

Clark Martin

  1863

It honestly was terrible. The bloodshed, the deaths, it was no wonder many wanted to quit. On the battlefield, I saw my compadres fall, never to wake up again. I was born a white person, with brown hair and blue eyes.
Today I sighed, polishing my gun, trying to avoid the discreet angry and annoyed looks by most of the soldiers. You see, my parents were slave owners and while I wanted to free slaves, they wanted me to 'own labor slaves and marry a nice girl.' They were famous so it was shocking when the son of two slave owners had joined the Union to fight for the slaves' freedom. Some of the men who were runaway slaves liked me, some hated me and most of the white men didn't pay me any attention. I didn't care. The less people who cared, the less attention I got, which I didn't care. My parents disowned me, anyway.
When the general passed me, I stifled the urge to punch him as he faced me a disgusted sneer. "Yes, General?" I asked.
(Okay I don't know how many generals were there in the Civil War so it's a guess.)
"Show this kid around." The general said, shoving a nervous looking sixteen year old. He was lanky, with brown skin and brown hair and eyes. He had a simple big long sleeved shirt and overalls yet had a bayonet on his side. I wondered why.  By the looks of it, it sounded like he had been a freed slave.
"Uh, hi?" The kid said.  He looked flushed.  Despite that he was obviously nervous, he tried to give out confidence.  However, he definitely gave out pride, the one thing that could kill him.  I looked desperately for someone to introduce but the general's hard stare was giving me chills.  The general's state was one to be avoided. 
Knowing I had no choice, I sighed and apologize for the inconvenience.
—-Time Skip (I'm rushing this one sorry)—-
  Tears filled up my eyes as soon as I saw the body of one of my fellow soldiers.  "Oh my God..." I muttered.  "I'm so sorry..." I whispered.  It had seemed like a powerful force just hit me all at once. 
  Thomas Jefferson Junior was lying on the floor dead.  He had been shot thirty times due to some soldier calling him out.
The general only looked at the body of our fellow comrade as dispensable along with many of our other fallen comrades.  After a while, the nurses counting the fallen, I was trying to remain calm.  A lot of the men looked scared, tired and looked like they've been alone their whole life.  I realized I was still crying like hell and no matter how much I was wiping my tears, an unmanly sob would follow.
  After managing to calm down, I walked to where the general was.  He especially didn't look happy due to the Southerners claiming victory.  Looking at him in the eye I asked "Are we sending him back to his family".
  He only nodded.  And that was the only response he gave me. 
End of  this one shot
Why am I so slow?????? Alright, into request #1 which I'm actually planning out and I hopefully publish it today. If I don't possibly the weekend.
(Also feel free on correcting any grammar or spelling mistakes)
- Carmen