Chapter 5

Hannah's POV:

When I woke up, I nearly passed out due to the pain.  Looking around I noticed it wasn't the Rodriguez household anymore.  That's when I remembered last nights events.  "Well, better get to work."  I held my breath as I stood from my bed.  Jesus doing chores like this was going to be a bitch!  

I hobbled my way into a main living room connected to a kitchen.  No lights were on and no one was up.  Good I still have my timing.   Walking to the fridge, I used my good hand to pull out eggs, bacon, and butter.  I hope they like scrambled eggs.  Whenever I cooked, I used butter instead of non-stick spray.  It had a better taste.

When I was finished and placed the food in the oven to keep it warm,  it was around six in the morning.  Suddenly, a cry emitted from another room.  It was a babies cry.  That's when it clicked, it was Sebastian.  Following the trail of noise I found the infants room and slowly opened the door.  He was standing in his crib with tears on his face.  

"What's wrong little man?  Hungry?" 

He shook his head "Aqua."  The brown haired baby raised his hand in a way to let me know he wanted me to carry him.  "UP!"

I hushed him.  How the hell was I going to carry a toddler, when I have a broken wrist and ribs?  Deal with the pain.  I've dealt with pain before I can do it again.  I reached in and lifted him up using mostly my right arm and settled him on my left side.  "Someone eats well.  You're heavy, little man!"

I walked him out of his room and sat him in the highchair and got him his water.  For some reason, I was naturally good with children.  I began singing him old Cuban nursery rhymes while he drank his water.  "Aserrín. Aserrán. Los maderos de San Juan. Los de Juan, piden pan. Los de Pedro, piden queso. Los de Enrique, alfañique. Chiquichuquichiqui."  On the last part I tickled Sebastian.

Click! I turned my head to see Lin taking a picture.  "Good morning Hannah, what are you doing up so early?"

"Had to make breakfast and start the chores.  Speaking of... what chores do I have?"

The looked i received was different.  Lin looked at me as if I had two heads.  "You don't have chores, just do good in school.  Why did you think you had chores?"

"All the other foster homes did.  Ohh I put breakfast in the oven to keep it warm." 

Lin smiled at me and ruffled my hair.  "You didn't have to make breakfast but thank you."

He opened the oven and gasped.  "You are an amazing child!  I can't make bacon with out burning myself!"  He took a piece and popped it in his mouth.  Sebastian laughed and clapped his hands.  

Lin began taking out plates and utensils for three.  "Vanessa isnt up yet and today is her day off, so I let her sleep as much as possible."  Once the table was set and food served, Lin interigated me.

"So favorite musical?"  

I swalloed a piece of bacon.  "At the moment its a three way tie between, In the Hights, Dear Evan Hansen, and The Book of Mormon."

The poor guys eyes nearly popped out of skull.  "Who on this earth told you about that musical?!"

"I was looking through a list of musicals to see what caught my eye.  On the label said from the producers of South Park.  I like south park so I looked into it.  No regrets."

Lin shook his head.  "I died laughing during Hasa Diga Eebowai."

The rest of breakfast went peacefully.  When I finished eating, I stood up to put my plate in the sink.  As I walked I winced a tad bit due to pain.  "Hija, you okay?"