Chapter Three

"Keilah?" the intruder murmured. "Is that really you?"

Keith lowered his sword. "Keilah?" he questioned. "Who's Keilah?"

The intruder reached off to take off their helmet. Once the helmet was off, the Paladins gasped.

The intruder revealed themselves to be a Galra woman. She had back length jet black hair tied in a braid with side bangs that hung in her eyes. She had violet colored irises with the yellow sclera. Her skin was a mauve color. Her ears were similar to Sendak's. In simple terms, she was the most beautiful Galra that the Paladins have ever seen. Her eyes were kind, but had clearly seen war. Her lips were in the form of a small smile, fangs peaking through. 

She raised her hands up in surrender, not wanting to anger the Paladins. She glanced around the four of them with curiousness. But her eyes were on Keith at all times. 

The new leader removed his helmet, his black hair sticking to his face and neck from sweat. "Who are you? Are you with the Blade of Marmora?" he asked, coming closer to the woman. Upon closer inspection of the Galra, she seemed to be the splitting image of Keith. She had the same nose and mouth.

The Galra woman sighed. "You have no idea who I am, do you?" she asked, her eyebrows furrowing sadly. Keith shook his head. She breathed through his nose, a very human manner for an alien.

"My name is Citlali. I am a member of the Blade of Marmora. You may not know who I am, but a mother never forgets," she announced. Keith's eyes widened at her words.

"You're my mother...." he muttered. Now that he really looked at her, the resemblance was uncanny. They had the same eyes, mouth, nose, and facial structure. She couldn't have been much taller than him as she stood up slowly. 

The woman, now dubbed Citlali, calmly walked over to Keith. Only to be stopped by Lance, who stood protectively in front of Keith, holding his gun firmly in his hands at Citlali's chest. Lance's face held a snarl, growling lowly in his chest.

"If you really are his mother, then prove it," the Cuban boy snarled, not backing down for even a second at the Galra. Citlali backed away slightly from the intimidating boy. Lance happily noted that he was taller than her by a few inches. Finally, taller than an intimidating Galra.

Well, he was taller than Keith.

Lance felt Keith nudge him slightly in warning. The Galra hybrid came out from behind Lance to trek over to his "mother." The Galra woman smiled sweetly, her eyes oddly enough filling up with tears as she went to grab Keith in a hug. 

He slowly lowered his bayard down in submission for the woman. He did not like any Galra near his Keith. Not one bit, even if she was his mother. 

Keith pulled out of her hold. "Now, explain everything to me," he demanded. 

The woman opened her mouth, only to have Allura grab her in the Blue Paladin bayard, which had become some sort of rope weapon for the Altean princess, pulling the Galra woman down to the ground once more, her legs tied up. 

Allura ran over to her fellow Paladins with Coran in tow. "What is a Galra woman doing in my castle?" the princess asked, demanding an explanation from anyone. The white haired girl looked down menacingly at the Galra, ready for the kill when she gasped in shock.

"Citlali...is that you?" the princess asked, bringing herself down to Citlali's level. She quickly unwrapped the woman from the bayard, muttering an apology to her. 

"You know her, Allura?" Pidge asked, as she took off her helmet, her brown hair sticking to her face from sweat. She put back on her glasses. Citlali sat up, rubbing her wrists.