Saved

Fighting after getting a lecture from Batman was sooooo not whelming. Apparently, he needs to "reel in" his team more. Well, sorry that they aren't a team with sticks up their asses like the Justice League. At least the Team could laugh in public. They were teenagers. It's what they do, dumbasses.

Robin punched another thug and flip kicked another. This was just getting too easy. That thought was banished from his mind as he felt the air move behind him. Thinking quickly, he launched himself over the thug he was about to punch, subsequently pushing the unfortunate thug into the line of fire from Bane's fist.

A sick crack was heard as the thug flew to the side, arms flailing like a rag doll. Robin knew the sound of a snapping neck. That thug was dead before he hit the wall. Robin turned, not wanting to give his back to a villain that was about 100 times stronger than him as long as the Venom was pumping through his veins. As Bane took another swing at him, Robin back flipped out of the way. He landed in a crouch and looked up to analyze his surroundings.

The rest of the team were fighting various levels of henchmen. Kid Flash was slumped against the wall, his right leg bent at an awkward angle, eyes closed and arms limp at his sides. Artemis' bow string was cut, presumably by one of the thugs' knifes, and she was fighting hand to hand against multiple assailants. Her back was to Kid Flash, defending the injured speedster until the fight could be won. Miss Martian was laying unconscious on the floor, flickering in and out of the visible spectrum. Kaldur was kneeling next to her, murmuring in Atlantean, the mysterious tattoos on his arms glowing as he held his hands over her. Superboy was defending the two metas using a useful tactic of throwing any hostile that came at him like a bowling ball, forcing that thug to bowl over some of his allies. Robin thought it was pretty funny. Too late, he sensed a shift in the wind and realized that he had zoned out of the fight. He stumbled backwards, trying to avoid getting hit with a fist that had the strength of Superman. A full strength hit from Bane could kill fully grown men. A skinny, yet muscular thirteen year old? Most def. There was no doubt about it.

He wasn't fast enough.

The blow hit his right shoulder as he leaned backwards to avoid the strike. A shock wave went through his arm as the bones rattled and the muscles stretched. A pop was heard as his shoulder popped out of place. He was sent rocketing in the other direction, twisting with his arm flying uselessly at his side. He yelled as his head collided with the wall. He vaguely heard glass breaking and someone calling out his name. He cursed himself as he struggled to his hands and knees amidst the stars in his eyes. Suddenly, he was tackled from behind and he felt the tension in the air thicken to the point of suffocation.

All the henchmen were taken down. Amid the chaos, Kid Flash had woken up and Artemis was setting his bone. Miss Martian looked weak but was on her feet. Kaldur and Conner were a little worse for wear but nothing too serious.

It was at this point that Robin realized that he was wrapped protectively in strong, muscular arms in an almost fatherly embrace.

Oh no.

That could only mean one thing.

He stiffened slightly as he craned his neck backwards to look at his savior. His blood ran cold when he saw the orange and black two toned mask of his father, Deathstroke the Terminator.

He grunted in surprise and tried his best to extract himself from his father's grasp. When the mercenary showed no signs of wanting to let him go, Robin spoke.