chapter four : day two (cont)

< [a/n] I know nothing about what to do in Cancun, I've never been myself. I just googled and searched the internet on what there is to do so that's what i used in this chapter. Also, I changed some names of the places around bc i dont want to get in trouble and what not. enjoy! >

Driving around is tiring, especially since we have no idea where we want to go. We go up and down the same road looking for something new each time. 

First it's the twins.

"We want to go into that store!" they yell at the same time from the back seat. So we find the nearest parking spot we could - a ten minute walk from the store. When we actually get there, the store is just a simple Mexican convenience store that just so happens to also sell tourist merchandise. All six of us go in and well, it's a disaster. 

"MOM," Tracie yells from across the store.

"What is it, honey?" my mom yells back.

"There's something I want from over here. It's that white and pink shirt I've been wanting for a whil -"

"I can't hear you honey. You're going to have to speak louder," my mom yells, not taking her eyes off a shot glass on the shelf in front of her. 

"Whatever," Tracie exasperates. "Just get over here!"

So my mom walks over and the next thing I hear is...

"I do not appreciate your tone, young lady. Keep it up and you're getting nothing except a spanking."

And they start arguing with one another in the store. All the while, I spy a cute guy out of the corner of my eye. If I were to rank the three men I've seen on this trip, I would rank Mr. J, this stranger, and then Perry. Don't get me wrong, Perry is attractive! Just not exactly my type. 

But then a bronze skinned, bleach blonde surfer girl walks in and puts her arm around him. They smile at each other and start picking at tourist items together. Yikes, I think to myself. 

I turn my attention back to a shelf in front of me. It's filled with different items all with one theme - skulls. And not just any skulls, Cinco De Mayo-like skulls with the colorful flower print dancing on top of a black background. I never understood this design but I guess it's really important to them. Picking one up, I examine it in the light just to see the same couple from earlier holding up the same item but from a different shelf in a different part of the store. 

I sigh to myself, putting the skull shaped shot glass down. I really don't want a matching item with anybody because my intention for this trip was to make it my own. Even though it's with my family, I want to make it a trip for myself. That's why I have a weird disposition with getting matching souvenirs with people on this trip. Eventually, I find nothing that I want here and so I wait while my two sisters are paying in line. 

Second is my brother. 

"So..." he starts.

"What do you want, weirdo?" I ask him.

"Um..." I give him a weird eye, silently telling him to tell me or I'm leaving.

"So, I want to get this thing for my girlfriend but I don't have all the money right now..."

I roll my eyes. "You do realize I JUST got my job like, two days ago, right?"

"Yeah but you got paid training," he trails off.

"Fine," I say rolling my eyes, knowing that I can't win. If I said no, he would have complained all day until either I get tired of him complaining and give in or my mom gets tired of it and makes me give in.