Change in feelings

She paid the fare and went inside the society complex. She took the lift for 3rd floor somehow managing her bags.

When she stood in front of the door of her chitti's house she felt much worn out. She tried putting up a bright smile on her face and rang the doorbell.

"Ishu! How are you? It's been so long kanna" her chitti exclaimed as Ishita hugged her.

"Yeah chitti...I am great. How are you?" she asked. "I am good kanna. Go freshen up. I'll set the table for your lunch." Her chitti said. Ishita nodded and went towards her room.

After freshening up, she had her lunch and left to take a nap. Sleep seemed far away so she just lay in her bed as she was very tired.

She wanted to start her career in Chennai. She thought of going to her previous organization where she used to work and join there once again.

She took her mobile to see if she has any notification yet to be checked and then realized that she didn't call up Mihika to inform her that she reached. She immediately dialed her number and waited to be answered.

"Hello akka. Did you reach safely? You faced any problem during your travel? Did you have your lunch? It's already late for you medicine, did you have it?" she bombarded Ishita with questions.

"Mihika, calm down. Breathe. I reached home safely. Yes I had my lunch and also my medicine. So cool down." She said.

"Okay...how is amma?" Mihika enquired about her mom.

"Yeah, she is fine." Said Ishita. She only answered to the questions asked and kept silent. There was an unknown sadness in her since she left Delhi. She was not in a state of mind to think and respond.

"Akka, what are you going to do there? Please come back akka, I am already missing you." She said sadly.

"I am going to my previous organization tomorrow. I am sure they will hire me." Ishita replied.

"So you are not going to come back anytime soon?" she asked giving up. "You know Mihika..." Ishita trailed off.

Delhi

The thought that Ishita will never return, started disturbing him. He was hell worried for her. He wanted her close to his heart but then he was the reason behind her broken heart. He was not that heartless to keep her caged regardless of her happiness. He can't get that selfish.

He was becoming lifeless without any feeling or emotions. His heart only beat with the thought of Ishita. It seemed all his feelings and emotions were only reserved for her.

Yes, he loved Ruhi, his mom, his sisters, his brother but it was also true that the heart always yearned for the one who was far and could never be his.

In office also he became very silent. He would only answer the questions asked and get the work done from his employees. His words became very limited. He started to work for extra hours. He became a workaholic. Like a robot.

Yes he would take care of Ruhi, but he didn't bother to spend time with her. He just did the necessary task and left to his room.

He did not turn rude in this difficult time like he had become in the past when Shagun had left him. He empathized with people around him, understood his employee's problems and controlled his anger. But he was broken. He just kept to himself and never let anyone get close to him.

Yes, Ishita had changed him for the better but with her she took away the meaning of his life.

15 days later.

Chennai

Ishita checked her mail sitting in the clinic. She had received an email from Dr. Batra requesting her to come back and finish her leaving formalities and also a few documents that needed her signature. She replied the mail saying she can't come.

She went to have lunch with one of her colleague in a nearby restaurant. On the way she saw a man buying ice-cream for his daughter who stood close by instructing which flavor she wanted. This reminded her of Raman and Ruhi and the time when they went to have ice-cream. She reminisced that moment and thought if he really cared for her he would have called her once. But he never did.

Every single moment she remembered him and shed tears. She ran away from the place he lived but she couldn't run away from her feelings for him. She missed him terribly. Her love for him overpowered the heartbreak that he had given.

She thought that distance would heal her broken heart and make her strong. Instead her condition worsened. She cut herself from everyone else and mostly preferred to be alone.

She used to shout in her sleep and mostly take Raman's name in the unconscious state. The pain that Raman gave was long forgotten. She only craved for him to be close. But she never tried to contact him. Everytime she would speak to Mihika she had the urge to ask her about Raman, but she refrained from doing so. She felt that she was a mere attraction for him. Once she left from his sight he forgot everything about her and moved on to be happy in his life. she thought he never cared for her.

But little did she know that he was becoming a lifeless corpse without her. He yearned for her more than she did for him.

Now she didn't want to return back to his happy world and mess it up. Then she thought whether her presence would make any difference in his life anymore.

Delhi

Raman woke up in the middle of the night to use the washroom. He wiped the tears that lingered in his eyes as he always cried through the night and passed by Ruhi's room. He glanced at the room and thought to check on her once. Ruhi always reminded him of Ishita.

When he entered the room he put on the light and went to sit near Ruhi. He caressed her cheeks and said, "sorry beta, papa is not able to keep you happy. There is no happiness left in me to give anyone else" he said and when he got up to leave he noticed Ruhi holding her digital camera in a loose grip.

He took it from her hand to see what she has been looking at. As he pressed the power button he saw Ishita smiling at him through that pic. His heart skipped a few beats and he took few deep breaths. Tears started flowing relentlessly. How much he wanted to hold her in his embrace and cry his heart out at that moment.

He swiped through the pictures and found many of her photos. He admired her to his heart's content. Immediately taking out the memory card of the camera he took it to his room and copied all those images of her in his phone and kept it back in the camera.

He smiled after ages looking at her. He couldn't keep his phone down. He kept it close to his heart and slept. It seemed he slept after many days. His heart was still restless for Ishita but he thought his life would at least become bearable if not happy in the true sense.

What would he do if he comes face to face with Ishita in reality? He asked himself. He thought he would not be in his senses and his feelings would go haywire.

There were times when he had enquired Mihir about Ishita and her health because Mihika was his girlfriend. But he refused to say anything saying that Mihika has taken his promise of not telling anything about her akka to Raman.

The next day when he returned from office he heard Mihika and Madhu's conversation as the main door was open.

"Mihika, I am very worried for Ishu. Soumya told me that she takes that Raman Bhalla's name in her sleep and also shouts like she has seen a nightmare. I am very worried..." Madhu said.

"Don't worry periamma. She is away from him now. She will be fine in a few days." Mihika consoled.

That shattered him to pieces. He felt guilty that because of him she started getting nightmares. He wanted to meet her right then, console her and make her sleep in his arms. He wanted to be there for her in this difficult time.

He thought he will go and meet her in Chennai. But then he felt she might regret seeing him and he can't bear to see that in her eyes.

He then consoled his own heart that she would be alright in a few days. If he goes there then his presence would worsen her condition because he was the reason behind all this, he thought.

Ishra union soon.

Please vote and comment :)

@n!$@ (Anisa)