Chapter 20

A heart felt thanks to all my readers who vote for my story and also give me such lovely comments. So finally my story crossed the 1000 votes mark with the help of you people. This wouldn't have been possible without you all.

Enjoy the chapter. Happy reading!!

"Raman, look at the time. We should go and pick Ruhi from her friend's home now." Said Ishita.

"Oh yes! Another important priority of my life. What will I do without you two." He said.

When Ishita was getting up to leave Raman stopped her and forwarded his arm towards her indicating her to take it. She readily gave her hand and they left the café hand in hand.

They picked Ruhi from her friend's home and returned back. When they reached their respective doorstep both Ishita and Raman turned to look at each other and there they were again lost in each other's eyes.

"Papa, mai thodi der Ishita aunty ke saath rahu, voh vapas Chennai jaa rahi hai na.(Papa can I stay with Ishita aunty gor some time, she is going back to Chennai)" Ruhi asked her father making a sad face. Raman looked at Ruhi with a blank expression. His heart numbed when he heard that statement.

"Ishita, yeh Ruhi kya keh rahi hai?(Ishita, what is Ruhi saying?)" he asked with fear written on his face.

"No Ruhi, I am not going to Chennai. Mai abhi se kahin nahi javungi.(From now on I won't go anywhere)" She told Ruhi but her eyes were on Raman. She smiled at him knowingly which brought a shine of happiness in his eyes.

"Really?" Ruhi said as she ran to Ishita and hugged her. "Promise aap kabhi door nahi jayenge?(Promise that you won't go too far?)"

"Ruhi promise. Mai kabhi tumse door nahi javungi.(Ruhi promise. I will never go far away from you)" she kissed Ruhi on the cheek saying that.

How he wished he was Ruhi at that moment, because even he wanted to hug her right then like Ruhi did. He stood there admiring them and wondered what good he did to get this lucky, to have such a wonderful woman in his life. He didn't want to take any wrong step this time and most of all he didn't want to lose her yet again.

"Aap abhi javo aur thoda rest karo(You go and rest for some time). I will meet you later today. Okay?" said Ishita as she caressed Ruhi's cheek.

"Bye aunty. See you." She said running inside her house leaving Raman and Ishita alone there.

Ishita's heart started beating rapidly as she saw him coming close. He stopped just a few inches away from her when he felt her breath hitch.

Oh how much his proximity affected her, he marveled. She closed her eyes and parted her lips waiting for him to kiss her when she saw him closing the distance. But instead she felt his warm breath on her ear and heard; "I can't wait to..."he whispered huskily and kissed her cheek leaving the sentence incomplete. She lost herself in the touch of his lips. She suddenly realized what he said and opened her eyes to question him but before she could utter a word he turned back and walked away in a flash.

She kept wondering what he wanted to say. In a daze she knocked the door of her house. Mihika opened the door only to find her sister standing lost at the doorstep. "Akka..." she said snapping her fingers.

"Kahan khoye ho?(Where are you lost to?)" she asked.

Ishita came out of the trance and said, "haan? Voh...kuch nahi Mihku.(Yes? That... nothing Mihku)"

Mihika immediately dragged Ishita to her room without paying any heed to her struggles and only stopped when they reached.

"What is this Mihika? Why are you in such a hurry?" asked Ishita.