Month Three

CHAPTER ELEVEN
Jake's P.O.V
______________

I already knew Alex was scared. I wasn't. I knew what to do and how to do it. I knew this because I did it once before.

My father. He used to beat my mom and I. When I tried to do something about it he only beat me more. So I had to take revenge. And I did.

I killed my father. My mother thought it was a accident. Yeah that's how good I was. I decided I was going to kill him when I was ten years old. Ever since then I started training.

Alex's situation is different from mine though. She has to do a lot more extra then I was trained to do. This guy was a big deal and I was going to help her kill this guy even if it killed me.

I love her. I would do any and everything for her. If she is scared to kill him then I would. I know she needs to do this I just don't want to see her hurt.

Damn I couldn't sleep. Tomorrow was the day that we would start researching him and finding out everything about him. I kept tossing and turning.

I got up and decided to watch that video of Alex's parents again. It was crazy they were warning her in advance. Alex looked more like her mom than her dad.

Wait.

Pause. Rewind.

Pause. Rewind.

What was that. It looks like they were in a rush to tell her this information.

Pause. Rewind.

It was some strange movement in the background.

Pause. Rewind.

Yelling. I hear yelling.

"Oh my god." I whisper.

"Jake is that you? what are you doing up?" Alex asked.

I quickly turned the video off.

"Oh hey Alex. I couldn't sleep I thought I might watch some t.v." I lied.

"Come back to bed. I don't like sleeping alone." She said.

"Alright I'll be up there in a minute."

I know what happened to her parents. Oh god. Why didn't I see this before? He knows. Skits knows.

****
Alex's P.O.V

I woke up to find Jake not there. He must have gone to use the bathroom but when I went to the bathroom he wasn't there.

I start to panic. Where was he?

That's when I heard the television.

I walked down stairs to find him watching my parents video again. I didn't say anything. Why was he watching it again? Finally I asked him what he was doing and that he should come to bed. He lied to me and told me that he was watching tv.

I wasn't going to argue with him but he was gonna hear something from me tomorrow. I went back to bed and not a moment later Jake was getting in the bed. He held me until I fell back to sleep.

****

I woke up early and made breakfast for Jake and I. I took it upstairs and he was awake sitting on the bed. I smiled to him but he didn't return the smile.

"What's wrong?" I asked Jake.

"We need to talk." Jake answered.

"Okay but after breakfast now eat." I ordered him.

He smiled.

Once we were done with breakfast I put the dishes aside and faced toward him.

"Before you speak, I just wanted you to know that I saw you watching my parents video again." I finally say.

He sighed.

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about. Alex I- eh-" Jake was interrupted.

Knock knock knock.

I ran to go answer the door. It was Anna ready to do research about Skits. I let her in and ran back up to my room.

"Now what were you saying Jake?"

"Don't worry about it I'll tell you later just get the laptop." He said disappointed.

"Okay let's get started." Anna yelled.

****

We ended at midnight we found out everything we needed to know about Skits. He was a business man that travel place to place. He had a wife and a son that lived here in Minnesota.

He was going to be returning to Minnesota in a couple of days. That's all we needed to prepare.

Jake wasn't as excited as Anna and I. We were so ready and Jake just looked sad. I have no idea why he looked sad. Once I said goodbye to Anna I had to talk to Jake.

"Jake what's wrong? Aren't you excited?"

"I just don't want you to get hurt. I care about you and I don't think this is a good idea." Jake said.

"Why? We've spent a whole three months on this and now you wanna back down." I yelled.

"Look Alex you don't understand-"

"No you don't understand I need to do this. I don't care if you are gonna help me or not. I'm going after Skits." I yelled.

"No Alex I'm not gonna help you get yourself killed. You don't know how dangerous this is. This is not a game, this isn't a joke. You're acting like a damn kid being excited about it." Jake yelled.

Ugh he just pissed me off.

"Why can't I be excited, because you're not?" I asked.

"Because you are trying to kill someone Alex. This ain't fun, it's serious." Jake stormed off.

"Where are you going Jake." I asked worried.

"In the living room, I need space." he replied.

Ugh why does my life have to be so hard? He never yelled at me like that.

Don't cry Alexandria, don't cry.

****

What's taking him so long. Is he really still mad at me? I should go say sorry.

"Jake are you okay?"

No answer.

"Jake what's wrong. I'm sorry I got all mad at you." I pleaded.

"You don't understand Alexandria. He knows. Skits knows." Jake whispered.