FLASHBACK PT 2

▶️14 DESTINY POV

I was walking to school. My best friend Karen was sick so I had to walk by myself.

I finished my breakfast and I started to text Karen if she was alright. My mom left at work at 7:10. I left walking at 7:20 I don't live far from my school.

My brother offered me a ride to my school. I refused. He left.

I was by myself at home I went to the sink to watch my plate. Then there was a knock on the door.

I looked into the tiny hole in the door. It was a man. It was my dad.

I kind of panicked. I opened the door. There he was. My father the one I hadn't talked to in years. The one that left.

It was silent.

"Destiny , I need to talk to you."

I guess he knew I was alone because he only asked for me. I didn't know what to do.

"About what" tears where falling from my eyes just like a waterfall.

"Everything." He made a frown.

I just froze. Didn't know how to respond.

"Okay" I said. What was I doing ?

"Let's go out for breakfast , where do you want to eat?"

I entered his car. I never sat in the front. I had so many things to ask him.

"Denny's." I shivered.

"That's my baby girl"

He was driving. I asked him quickly.

"Why did you leave ?"

Silent.

"Why didn't you fight for us. Why ?!"

I started to scream.

"Calm down Destiny let me explain."

"Then start now" I demanded.

"Okay , you know the guy that toke you and your friend?" He frowned.

"Yees" I said slowly.

"He did that because , I'm not actually a lawyer. I'm an agent. Your mother didn't find out until you where born where I had to tell them what I worked for. Your mom didn't want me risking my life or ours. I quit. Then when you started kindergarten I went back. I loved my job. I didn't realize it was going to effect the people I love."

I was silent. He kept going.

"Your mom found out that day. I was still in the force. She screamed at me saying it was all my fault that you could of gotten hurt. It was. It was all my fault that my baby girl could of gotten hurt . . ." Tears fell from his eyes.

"Even if I went to court I would of lost. The job I had well effect me in the future. That's why I didn't fight for you and your brother"

I wanted to cry even more. So my dad did care about us. He did.

"Whyy are you telling me this now ?" I said shivering.

"Because the guy that toke you that day , wants to kill everyone that I love .. "

"Destiny I need you to be careful who you call friends. Who you trust."

We arrived at Denny's.

"This we stay between you and me. I need to stay contact with you. Promise me I don't want to loose my baby girl again " he whipped his tears.

I looked down. Thinking. I took a deep breath.

"Okay dad"

______________________

⭐️A/N⭐️

Sorry forgot to post yesterday but here it is.

Who's ready for Easter I am and I need Candy.

Wow 80 + Reads. ZAYUMMMMM.

Love You Guys ❤️😘