Bangtan

It takes Seokjin a while to figure out the perfect rhythm for waking everyone up.

It’s not something he volunteers for. It’s not because he’s the oldest. It’s just because they quickly discover that he’s more of a morning person than any of the others, and because of that, he gets saddled with the task of making sure they all get out of bed on time when their manager isn’t there to do it.

It’s a tough task.

The first problem he encounters is that he doesn’t know how to wake each of them up.

The second problem he encounters, at just about the same time, is that he doesn’t know how much time they want to have in the morning.

The two correlate a lot.

He doesn’t know at first how much time he needs to spend on each of them, so when he sets aside two minutes per member, he finds out pretty much immediately this is too much for half of them and not enough for the other half.

The main problem is Jungkook, who sleeps like the dead, almost literally. He’s practically comatose when he’s sleeping for real and not just taking a quick nap, and waking him up is a nightmare for Seokjin, because he doesn’t know what the most effective way of doing it is. It’s a problem. Seokjin isn’t sure how their managers solve it, honestly, and when he asks Hobeom about it, Hobeom just says “I spend a lot of time shaking him. A lot of patience is required.”

A third problem is how much time each of the other members prefers to have in the morning.

He wakes them up a little too late some of the first times because he doesn’t realize how much time he actually needs to spend getting all six of them out of bed, and as a result, they spend mornings stressed, rushing around the dorm, frantically trying to get ready and fed on time.

“You can wake us up a little earlier, hyung!” Namjoon says one day as he pulls on his shirt. Taehyung is trying to brush his teeth and put on his pants at the same time, which results in a little bit of toothpaste dribble on the floor and a Hoseok who’s annoyed with him for making a mess.

Seokjin tries to comply with their wishes of having a little more time in the morning by waking them up earlier, but unfortunately, it’s not as simple as that. He ends up waking them up too early, leaving them with too much time on their hands before they have to leave for their schedules or practices for the day, and that doesn’t please them too much either.

“I’d rather sleep than have this much time just sitting around waiting,” Jungkook complains one morning when they’re all just waiting to be picked up. They’ve been ready for ten minutes. Jungkook has been waiting for twenty minutes, since he was not the last one to shower. “Can’t you wake us up a little later, hyung?”

Seokjin feels like throwing his hands in the air dramatically, but he refrains.

All in all, it takes a while for him develop that perfect rhythm and routine for his mornings, but it gets easier.

He starts working out who is easiest to get out of bed and who he practically has to drag out of it to get them to wake up. He finds out who likes having extra time to putter around and who likes to have extra time to sleep. And with all this information, he develops a strategy.

Yoongi

Yoongi is the easiest, because he’s the only one Seokjin doesn’t have to wake up. He wakes up by himself, just later than Seokjin, which is what gets him out of wake-up-the-others duty. He prefers to get himself out of bed too, so Seokjin just leaves him alone for the most part.