Chapter 1

WARNING: YOU MIGHT NOT WANT TO READ THIS IF YOU ARE SUFFERING FROM A MENTAL DISORDER, SUICIDAL THOUGHTS, OR DEALING WITH SELF HARM. I DO NOT ENCOURAGE SUICIDAL OR SELF HARMING BEHAVIOR.

I do not own Naruto or any of its characters, the only thing I own is the SI/OC that is the main character and whatever else comes solely from my imagination.

------------------------------------------------
Schizophrenia.

The Google definition is: a long-term mental disorder of a type involving a breakdown in the relation between thought, emotion, and behavior, leading to faulty perception, inappropriate actions and feelings, withdrawal from reality and personal relationships into fantasy and delusion, and a sense of mental fragmentation.

I don't think I have it.

My doctors, however, tell me otherwise.

You see, the thing is, all of my life I've seen things.

Unexplainable things that have haunted me for as long as I can remember.

Dark figures that watch me in the night.

Flashes of gore when passing street signs.

Dreams that feel so real I don't know I'm asleep until I'm awake and even then I doubt that I was asleep.

I felt I could fly once. It was nice.

Until I woke up on the concrete floor of my living room with a sore body wondering what the hell happened.

Now, you may be wondering why if I feel all of these things is real I haven't been put into a loony bin yet.

Well, I'd say my family is just as crazy as I am.

Except I haven't tried to murder people... yet.

I grew up in a fairly small out of the way southern town with a population of less than two thousand and a yard that was about seven or eight sizes larger than the house that sat on it.

My neighbors were mostly cows, but the few that were nearby took about five or six minutes of walking to get to.

At first, everything was great. I had a seemingly great family. I had on demand television. I had a room that was split with my younger sister. I had dogs and I had cats.

Then the economy went to shit and everything in my life went with it.

We no longer had carpet on our floor.

On demand television became a fantasy.

My brothers became drug addicts and my dad was no longer the president of one of our resident hunting clubs.

My mom got a different job at a different establishment.

We no longer went out on Fridays to eat as a family.

I started school.

I played sports and then quit because I had an accident on the field.

I had my first crush, but he didn't like me, just like everyone else.

-                                -                                        -

The first figure I saw was a woman. She seemed fairly nice and she came through my window.

She had long dark hair and strange clothes I had never seen before. We talked for a while. It was nice. Nicer than anything had been in a while.

Then I never saw her again. She dissappeared. I was sad, because I had made a new friend and she left me.