Chapter 2 The incident

*Three hours pass*

Everything was going great! Alfred and Kao were able to actually  talk to Mystery normally almost but Alfred still won't completely forgive him.  Grace was hanging out a bit with Ocean by pestering him and making fun of a few people behind there backs.  Rex was really happy and excited about hanging out with Mystery and meeting Alfred and Kao who were very shocked that he was friends with Mystery but they liked talking to him.  Kao and Rex had gotten along very well.  Sometimes Rex would stand in a corner if he was lost or if it was getting to crowded.  Even for a small little energetic hedgehog demon, he still had lots of anxiety.  Luckily Mystery would find him and they would be on there way chatting or teasing and pranking people at the party. 

"Hey Rexy, I'm gonna go grab some sweets from the food table, be right back okay?~"  Mystery had told Rex while he was walking over to the food table.

"Okay Mystery, hurry back! I don't feel comfortable being alone with strangers..." Rex said uncomfortable and a bit scared while Mystery left him.  He would had followed Mystery but he didn't want to make him think he was too clingy.  Rex understood personal space very well. 

While Mystery was at the food booth grabbing some sweets like lolly pops and tiny chocolates Grace had walked over to him looking with a concerned look.  Mystery had noticed his uncle's facial expression and turned over to face him.

"Hey Grace, what's with the look of yours~? Mystery asked.

"Well Mystery, how many people did you invite?" Grace asked still looking really concerned.

"Um.. only three people, Alfred, Kao, and Rexy~" Mystery said with a confused face wondering why Grace asked this question

Grace then said something that was really unexpected, "Okay, then whose the guy over there talking to Rex? A friend of his?"

Mystery had turned around and had saw a weird looking guy leaning over to Rex trying to get close to him.  Rex acted very uncomfortable and tried to step away from him.  This had annoyed Mystery a lot.  He knew Rex didn't know this guy because if he did he would have told him.  Mystery decided to get closer to hear what they were saying, so he stood behind a few people hiding himself in the crowd until he was able to hear and see what they were saying.

"G-go away p-please.  Y-your making me feel u-uncomfortable," Rex had said in a stuttering voice and kept trying to back up away from the guy.

"Aww, but its not nice to leave a cute little peach like you here alone? I can show you a good time~," said the guy getting closer each time Rex took a step back.

This started to make Mystery ticked off.  He wanted to stab or punch the guy so badly just to teach him to step away from Rex but he didn't want to make to big of a scene so he tried to calm himself down.  But the next move that the guy made on Rex about was exploded Mystery.  As Rex had turned around to walk away from the guy, the stranger grabbed Rex's side and pulled him really close to him then lifting his chin.

"Aw, cmon we could have lots of fun~" the stranger then said in a seducing way while holding up Rex's face.

"G-GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME!" Rex yelled at him trying to get him to let go.

"Hey! You heard him now get the fuck away from him jackass!" Mystery said coming out of nowhere grabbing the guy's hand off of Rex then pushing the stranger away from them.

"M-mystery.." Rex said a bit shocked while Mystery putting Rex behind him so that the stranger wouldn't be able to touch him.

"W-what the hell man! I was just having a friendly conversation with a cute girl!" The stranger said with a pissed off look on his fce.

"Then keep your dirty hands to yourself then. No one wants a disgusting perverts hands on them," Mystery said more serious instead of ticked off and holding Rex's hand who was behind him.

The stranger had started to walk up to Mystery wanting to fight him.

"I wouldn't walk any closer to me if I were you sir~" Mystery said with a smirk

The guy was about to take a punch at Mystery but instead of him punching him, Mystery had let go of Rex's hand real fast and grabbed the stranger Punching arms wrist.  Then Mystery took out his knife and stabbed the guy in the stomach.  The stranger fell on the ground holding his stomach with his hands screaming and crying in pain.  Everyone had started to freak out and before anyone could have seen who had stabbed the man Mystery picked up Rex and ran up the stairs to the third floor of the mansion.

(TO BE CONTINUED...)